Twenty Three: Back For You

Mackenzie's P.O.V.

--One Week Later--

After Harry kissed me on Valentines day we talked for a long time about how their tour kicked off in less than a week. Harry promised to get me tickets for the first four shows at the O2 Arena in London, giving me a few more days with him, but then afterwards I would be returning to the states to await the Take Me Home Tour dates there. 

Lana and I now currently sit on the floor of the rehearsal studio curled into balls. Lana's head resting on my shoulder as the boys sing Change My Mind for the tenth time today. I sigh and lean my head against Lana's, closing my eyes for a peaceful moment as the last few notes of the song roll off the boys' tongues. 

I suddenly feel a warm body next to mine, and Lana shifts as another presses to her opposite side. My head rolls onto Harry's shoulder as he lets out an exhausted sigh and lets his head rest against the wall. He places his arm around my shoulder, and I wrap my arms around his torso, grateful for the warmth he gives me as I do so. I close my eyes and breathe in deeply, trying to take as much of Harry as I can into my memory so I won't miss him as much when he's gone. 

I open one eye slightly to see Liam laying on the floor at our feet with Louis on his right while Zayn wanders around the studio restlessly, looking as if he's going to pass out at any second. I let a small sigh escape my lips and Lana does the same, taking in this small moment of complete but exhausted bliss. I gasp as Harry's warm arm removes itself from around my neck and he stands up in front of me, arm outstretched waiting for me to take his hand. 

"Let's go get some coffee and food. I'm starved." Harry mumbles, his voice warn from vocal stress, as I take his hand and he pulls me off the ground.

At the mention of food Niall's head snaps up off of Lana's and he practically jumps off the floor, pulling her with him. 

We all file out of the rehearsal studio though the back entrance. Luckily escaping some fans as we race each other sleepily to a large van. I fall asleep on Harry as Louis pulls out of the parking lot and I wake up again when he pulls into the nearest McDonald's, causing Niall to scream with excitement. Poor lad hasn't eaten in nearly seven hours. 

We've been at the rehearsal studio since about 3 p.m. and they wouldn't let us leave to get dinner. So here we are at a deserted McDonald's at 10p.m. ordering almost everything on the menu thanks to Niall. The poor lady working behind the counter hands me my caramel frappe which I gratefully take a long drink from, allowing the cool flavored ice to sooth my burning thirst. Lana does the same as hair falls into her face, not going unnoticed by Niall who gently pushes the stray stands from her eyes and carefully places a kiss on her forehead. 

My eyes scan the empty restaurant, searching for Harry's dark figure and finding it sitting alone in a booth. I take a few steps towards him and see that his usual bright green eyes are clouded with sadness. He gives me a sad smirk and pulls me into his side as I crawl into the booth next to him, placing my frappe on the table.

"What's wrong Harry?" I ask quietly while snuggling deeper in his side.

"The tour starts in a few days..." Harry whispers, pausing slightly to look at me. I thought that was a good thing. I thought that's what he wanted from day one. To be famous and tour the world. "And I have to leave you..." he whispers.

Relief hits me, I don't want Harry to stop loving his job. He does amazing things. "Don't forget I'm coming with you to London tomorrow." I say sitting up to kiss Harry's cheek as Niall and Lana join us with a majority of the food. Lana grabs a few fries from Niall as he passes her a small container and quickly devours them. Their relationship is cute, as they are nearly the same person. I guess that's what you call soul mates. Two people have the same soul, yet it's split into two pieces and trapped into different bodies, only to be brought together when the time is right. I smile as I snatch a few fries from Harry and slowly eat them.