Twelve: Take Me Home

Niall's P.O.V.

I blink awake, looking around to ask someone what time it is. We're supposed to touch down at midnight. A flight attendant walks by.

"Excuse me miss, what time is it?" I ask.

"It is 10p.m. sir. We will be touching down a little late. Around 1a.m." She tells me.

I nod and she walks away. I unbuckle my seat belt and hear Lana whimper in pain.

Her eyes open slowly. "Niall...?" She asks.

"Yeah babe, it's me. How are you feeling?" I ask.

"M-My arm hurts really bad.... And my head is pounding." She whispers.

I move the armrest that sits between us and pull her closer to me, being careful of her arm.

"I know Lana. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault..." I whisper.

"No it's not Niall, I got scared and let go of Zayn's hand. I was stupid enough to turn around and try to get back to you. And I almost did but when someone ran into my arm it ripped our hands apart. Then I fell and and some girl was jumping up and down and jumped on my arm... And I remember screaming.. But then nothing." She whispers.

I shudder as I remember her scream. I kiss her gently on the forehead. "Do you want some painkillers?" She nods. I quickly pull them out of my pocket.

I hand them to her then open then water that the flight attendant left for me and hand it to her. She swallows the pills then turns into me. "It hurt's so bad." She whispers.

"I know. Come on and lay on me for a while. There isn't much time left." I say.

Lana curls tightly into me, keeping her arm at a distance.

"I'm taking you to the hospital as soon as we land. I couldn't bring you back into that mob. I couldn't lose you again." I whisper into her hair.

"Alright but for now I just want to sleep..." She whispers.

"No. Lana, you can't sleep you might have a concussion." I say.

"But.... Ugh. Fine. Then get me some coffee." She says pulling away from me.

I wave down the flight attendant from before and get Lana's coffee.

"Well we've still got like 2 hours. So wanna play a game?" I ask Lana as she drinks some of her coffee.

"Yeah, sure. What did you bring?" She asks.

"Travel Scrabble and.... Travel Battleship." I say pulling out the games from my bag.

"Oooh! Battleship!" Lana says smiling a little. Trying not to move her arm a lot.

I chuckle a little. "Alright princess." I say.

Lana starts to giggle then stops. "What did you just call me?" She asks in a whisper.

"Princess?" I say a little startled.

"That's what I thought...." Lana says smiling widely.

I smile back and continue setting up Battleship.

------2 Hours Later---------

After two unsuccessful games of battleship for me, they finally announced that we are landing soon. I reach over and help Lana fasten her seat belt, then I fasten my own. Landing doesn't take long. I ask the flight attendant to keep everyone else seated until Lana and I got off, to keep her arm from getting bumped. I stuff Lana's bag into my own and we exit the plane quickly, not wanting to keep the other passengers waiting.