Fifteen: Saved Each Other

Niall's P.O.V.

I feel my eyes start to water. 

"No.. Uh no we aren't... Were you expecting him?" I murmur to her.

"I just saw him, he said he'd be waiting for me when I woke up. He said he'd be here... He lied." Lana whispers back, dissapointment clear on her face.

"Lana he can't be here... " I whisper back.

Lana nods and closes her eyes, processing that her dead best friend just lied to her in a dream. Of course it's a little odd that he came to her but I'm not going to question it.

As she wakes up a little more she processes Liam and Harry. And smiles at me, pushing Aaron from her mind.

Liam steps up to her side and takes her hand. "Hey love, how are you feeling?" he asks.

"Lighter, happier, warmer.. Better. Thank you for doing this. All of you." Lana whispers.

"Anytime babe, you know you're family now." Harry says leaning across me to kiss her cheek.

Lana smiles then takes in her surroundings. Her face falls.

She turns to me. "What room is this?" She asks.

We both watch Liam go and look at the number outside the room. He comes back in slowly.

"Room 116. Why?" He asks.

"Aaron.... " Lana chokes out. "Get me out. Get me out of here. NOW!" She shouts.

I jump up and run into the hallway and grab a wheelchair then run back in. Liam gently lifts Lana from her bed and sets her into the wheelchair while me and Harry disconnect her from the wires that are connected to her. We don't really watch where we take Lana. We just walk. For a few hours, until she falls asleep again. We stop in the food court, grabbing some food and tea. Then we make our way back up to Lana's room. I gently pick her up and place her back on her bed, then I lay beside her. Harry and Liam come each come over and plant kisses on her cheek then leave to go to the hotel. 

I lay awake for at least an hour just watching Lana sleep and thinking.

Where would I be right now, if Aaron hadn't died, if he hadn't bought that front row ticket at MSG? I wouldn't have this blond haired beauty sleeping next to me, and she could possibly be dead. I have saved her from herself... And she has saved me. I carefully tug on the sleeve of my Jack Wills shirt., revealing the scars on my wrists. I used to cut. The haters used to get to me a lot. The only one who knew was Liam. He would constantly watch me, to try and keep me from cutting. It never worked, I would always end up alone with a blade in my right hand. I remember 2 nights before the MSG concert Liam found me in my hotel room crying my eyes out because of the hate I was still getting from people all over the place. 

-----Flashback-------

"Niall?" Liam asks as he pushes the bedroom door open.

"Liam, why do they hate me so much? What have I ever done to them? Sometimes I wonder why I'm even here, why I'm part of the band. People hate me for no reason. I've done so much to please them! I've gotten braces and I've been working out and everything! They wouldn't even care if I killed myself. I have no one to love me. I know there's a girl out there for me. But I'm tried of waiting, my heart hurts to much. I want to let go..." I whisper, sobbing, staring at my laptop screen.

"No, Niall, no. You're wrong. I can feel it too, your pain. Everyday I see  you walking around with a sad look on your face. It breaks my heart. You are my best mate. I don't know what I would do without you. I don't know who I would be without you! Those haters, they're all just jealous. And I think you're soul mate is a lot closer to being found than you think. She's probably deciding what outfit to wear to MSG right now.  She's going to be there. I know it Nialler. Just hang on a little bit longer. For me. For her. For the boys...." Liam whispers back, pulling me into his arms, and closing my laptop.