5 - Adrien

The news of the soulmate marks was anyone could talk about for the rest of the day. 

The idea of having a soulmate scared me.

 I wasn't really scared for myself per say, but more for the girl who might have me as her soulmate.

If it wasn't Ladybug, I knew that I could never pursue the path to my soulmate. Ever since I met Ladybug a year ago, ever since I saw how brave, smart, perfect she was, I'd fallen in love. 

Not with her face (which was covered by her mask anyway), not with her words (she could barely say two sentences without insulting me), but with her soul.

The few times that I had met her as Adrien, she had treated me with kindness and protection. 

I admired that about her. But the soulmate thing was going to complicate my life a lot.

"What am I ever going to do?" I whispered to myself in the empty washroom.

Plagg flew out of my coat pocket and that's when I noticed that he hadn't spoken to me all day. "Adrien I feel weird"

I cupped my hands and he sat in it. "Plagg what's wrong?!"

"I think the soulmate magic is messing with me somehow" he said quietly. The fact that he wasn't messing around was bad enough.

"Do you want me to take you to Master Fu?" I asked him hurriedly.

"I think that's a good idea. But Adrien, what about class?" he asked me.

"When have you ever cared about that?" I chuckled. "Are you strong enough to allow me to transform?"

"Wait! If I'm feeling this way, then Ladybug's Kwami must be feeling the same. What's the guarantee that we're not going to run into them?"

I thought about it. Was it possible that I'd run into Tikki and her owner? I hesitated, but upon looking at my Kwami's condition, I decided that it couldn't wait any longer. 

"Chat will be careful. Now can you transform me or not?"

He nodded, so after checking the washroom for anybody else, I said the magic words, "Claws out!" 

~~ 

A/N

Heyo! 

This is one of my shorter chapters, but don't worry some longer ones are on the way lol

Question of the Day: What was Adrien's dumbest moment? 

Please vote, comment and share! 

xxx S