12 - Ladybug

When I finally captured the akuma, de-evilized it and sent it out, I was able to take a breath. Defeating The Judge was no easy feat, and had nearly taken my everything.

I turned to Chat Noir to fistbump him on our work today, only to find him staring at me. 

His eyes were wide, and he was frozen.

"Chat!" I said, worried. "Chat, are you okay?"

Then, I saw the most surprising thing in the world. He smiled like I'd never seen him smile before. 

It was so genuine that I found myself smiling along before I even knew what it was about.

"What is going on kitty?" I asked him, laughing at his awestruck expression.

"Nothing milady, nothing at all" he said, and started to walk. 

I hurried to catch up with him. "Just a nice day isn't it?" he asked me, whistling along. 

Before I could ask him whether his mask had squeezed whatever remaining brain he had out, I heard a beep from my earrings.

"You'd better get going Bugaboo" he said, chuckling.

Too tired to retort at that nickname, I frowned, waved at him and bugged out.

Back home, I de-transformed and sat on my bed, staring at the mirror. The piano symbol with a fencing sword across it on the side of my neck faded until it was invisible.

Tikki zoomed around. "Tikki, what do you think that kitten was so happy about?" I asked her.

"I dunno Marinette," Tikki answered, biting off a piece of the macaroon. "A lot of people are happy today. Maybe Chat found his soulmate"

"Oh yeah" I said with realisation. 

But somewhere inside me, I felt an ache. "Weren't Ladybug and Chat Noir supposed to be soulmates?"

"I thought you didn't like Chat" Tikki said, but it was more of a question.

"I don't" I said hurriedly. I had to change the subject.

"Aren't you happy with your symbol?" Tikki asked me, pressing further. 

There was only one logical answer to that. 

"Of course I am!" I told her incredulously. "I love Adrien! Speaking of him, I think it's time to go pay my soulmate a visit"

Tikki nodded, and I smiled. "Tikki, spots on!" 

~~

A/N

Hellooooooo 

What is Chat Noir so happy about dear God?? Oh wait I know, I wrote it. LOL 

That's not funny. But I am! 

Ok I'll stop. 

Question of the day: What do you think is Ladybug's favourite food? 

Love y'all!

xxx S