8 - Marinette

The occurrence of Tikki and Plagg being soulmates made me happy for those two Kwamis, but it also increased my anxiety for tomorrow morning.

"Tikki, why didn't you tell me that you weren't feeling good?" I asked her gently.

She flew around me and smiled. "Sorry Marinette...I was going to, but then you were so caught up with the soulmate announcement that I didn't want to add on to it"

I cupped my hands and she flew to sit on them. "You're always my priority Tikki. Next time, make sure to tell me okay?" She nodded, and I placed a kiss on her head.

My phone rang. It was Alya. "Hey girl!" She greeted me. "I have a scoop for you"

"What's up?" I asked her cheerily.

"Adrien's at the park for a photoshoot!" she told me excitedly.

"Really?!" I gushed at the thought of seeing Adrien. "Alright I'll see you there in 5"

Running out, I sprinted to the park as fast I could and saw Alya waving at me in the distance. 

As I reached her, a thought came to me. "Alya, today's the day. I'm going to confess to Adrien"

She blinked, stunned. "What? Why?"

"Because tomorrow we're all going to get our soulmate marks, and he's probably not going to be mine. He should know how I feels" I declared.

"Go for it girl!" she cheered me on. 

I watched as Adrien's Italian photographer egged him on to pose in different ways. He looked so natural, so carefree that it almost made me jealous. 

Perfection was just natural to him. 

At that moment, Adrien spotted us. 

"Hey girls" he said, walking over. Alya gave me a hard nudge as I was frozen in place, and I waved at him.

Mustering all my courage, I stepped closer to him. 

"Adrien I-I like you" I professed to him, my face red. I couldn't look at him, so my eyes were fixed to the ground. 

"I like you too, Marinette" I heard him say. He was smiling. "You're such a good friend"

My heart felt like it was breaking all over again. If he did like me that way, he would've known what I meant. 

This was it. 

Nevertheless, I kept the smile on my face, and I heard myself giving some lame excuse, and waved as I took off to nowhere in particular.

~~ 

A/N

Oh my goodness, Adrien really is blind isn't he? 

Let me know if you want more Adrienette by giving this chapter a vote! 

Love y'all 

xxx S