9 - Chat Noir

I was glad when they cancelled our patrol, but it was a bit too late. I had already transformed, and was full of energy. 

Nearly always a bad combination, as milady loved to tell me.

Although it was pretty late, the streets quivered of excitement. 

Tomorrow was going to be the day that over half of Paris would wake up with some sort of mark leading to their soulmates.

Suddenly, I spotted something. Or rather, someone.

There was Marinette, sitting alone on a bench, crying her eyes out. 

My heart broke at the sight of her like that. Why was she crying? What was wrong? I slid in next to her and she nearly didn't even notice me.

"Princess what's wrong?" I asked her worriedly. Was she sick?

"Oh God Chat you need to stop scaring me like that" Marinette said, bringing her sleeves to her eyes, rushing to hide her tears. 

Little did she know that I had already seen them.

"Stop changing the subject. Do you want to talk about it?" I said.

"Nope," she said hurriedly. "I'm alright. Heartbreak won't last forever"

Heartbreak? I wondered. "Did you by chance confess to that boy you liked?"

She turned to me and smiled, but it was a sad smile. "Yep"

"What sort of an idiot would reject you?" I said incredulously. "I'm sure he'll be regretting it, Marinette. Don't waste your breath on someone as stupid as him"

She chuckled. "I don't think he even looks at me that way. But that's okay. I said what I had to say, and yeah, it sucks but at least it's over"

"That's the spirit, Princess"

She had stopped crying, but her usually lit up eyes looked hollow and empty. As if someone had stolen the light out of them. 

I felt a surge of rage at the blind boy who had given up on someone like her.

"All hope is not lost," I told her. "Tomorrow, for better or worse, we will get our soulmates. Maybe you'll finally find who you're meant to be with"

Marinette nodded and leaned her head on my shoulder. I stayed with her like that until I heard soft snores. 

Picking her up bridal style, I brought her back home and broke in through the window. 

Setting her down on her bed carefully, I wrapped the blanket around her carefully. 

Then, I did something that surprised me. Listening to my heart, I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, and leapt out the window into the night. 

~~

Hello my dear Readers!! 

I am IN LOVE with this Chapter...or maybe I'm just in love with Chat Noir haha. 

Please give it a VOTE if you like it, otherwise I really don't know if I should write more such chapters or not. 

Love y'all! 

xxx S