21 - Adrien

When I saw Marinette staring at me from the audience, my heart did a somersault.

She blushed, and that's when I realised that I was smiling at her like an idiot. I watched her for a few more moments, but her gaze was focused on Chloe.

Why was she so interested in Chloe?

The piece finally finished, and I felt a surge of accomplishment and pride. I'd never ever done something like this - something like being part of a team. I'd hardly even had friends before this school.

"Good job man" Luka came up to me, giving me a high five.

I returned it. "Right back at you!" My eyes followed Luka as he walked up to Marinette. He was so obviously in love with her.

She told him something, and he walked towards Chloe, which made no sense to me. I decided to find out what was going on.

Walking up to Marinette, I noticed that Rose and Juleka were staring at us, so I hugged her lightly from behind.

I heard her gasp and turn in my grasp, she was now facing me with my arms around her waist. Our faces were centimeters apart.

"Hi," I said to her. She looked like she was frozen, her mouth fallen open. And hers wasn't the only one.

I heard Nino whistle and Alya clap behind me. I chuckled.

"Marinette, do you want to tell me what's going on?" I asked her.

"I don't mean what you know," she stuttered. "I mean, I don't know what you mean"

"You have some kind of plan in action with Chloe don't you?" I pressed further.

"Shh" she silenced me, placing one finger on my lips and looking around frantically. "I have a hunch that Luka and Chloe might be...soulmates" she whispered the last word so quietly that I had to strain to hear it.

I stared at her. She smelled so good, and I looked right into her eyes. A familiar set of eyes...

"What?" she demanded.

"You- you reminded me of someone just now" I told her, frowning and smiling. "I just can't place my finger on who..."

"I have no idea what you're saying" she smiled back, and moved away from me. "But this plan is top secret okay? Just trust me"

She waved goodbye to all of us, including me, and walked off the boat to go home. 

It was only 10 minutes later when she was home safe and sound that I realised why Marinette's scheming attitude was familiar.

She reminded me of Ladybug.

~~

A/N

HELLO MY LOVELY READERS! 

 We hit 1k reads 2 days ago!! I can't believe it. Someone check the number of reads on this book and tell me it says 1k and not 1 or 10 or something...

I am so so incredibly thankful to everyone who clicked on this story. You all are my lifeline <3

And of course, thank you again for 500+ votes!! Again, unreal number, I'm so happy!! 

I love each and every one of you to the moon and back :) 

Let me know how you liked Chapter 21! 

xxx S