15 - Marinette

As soon as I jumped into my bedroom through the window and de-transformed, Tikki was hot on my heels.

"Marinette, how could you tell Chat Noir to stop loving you like that?" she demanded.

"I didn't! I just said that he should maybe pursue his soulmate too" I defended meekly.

Tikki slapped her forehead. "Marinette, you're his soulmate!"

Unfortunately, Tikki was right. When I woke up to find a black and green paw on my wrist, I nearly fainted. 

After half an hour of pep talk from Tikki, I finally agreed to go to school, where I found out that Adrien was Ladybug's soulmate.

"Ok well Tikki, I had to okay? It would've been suspicious otherwise" I said, hurriedly taking out my notebook to make it look like I was doing homework. "Hide, quick!"

At that exact moment, Chat Noir slipped in. "Hey there"

"What's up Chat?" I asked, as casually as possible. 

Despite everything, this is the first time I was talking to him after I found out that he was my soulmate.

"Don't play with me princess," he said, getting straight to the point. "Show me your wrist"

I obediently held out my wrist, and he blew out a breath before holding his out as well. With my other hand, I carefully traced the needle and thread on his wrist. Our eyes met.

"How is this possible?" he whispered. "We're both in love with other people"

I shrugged. "Chat, no one can know that you're - you know - my soulmate" I said, blushing.

"Ooh, is my princess getting shy?" he teased.

I gave him a look, and he chuckled. 

"I have a proposal for you," he said on a more serious note. "If you agree, you'll have to fake date Adrien Agreste...do you know him?"

My eyes widened, because this was the same thing Ladybug had told Adrien. 

I guess Chat Noir was smarter than I gave him credit for. "Yeah, I know him"

"Good" Chat Noir nodded. "His soulmate is someone that needs to be kept secret too, so that'll work out fine"

My heart hammered at the thought of fake dating Adrien, who I was really in love with.

"Oh come on," Chat said, misreading my expression. "Don't be nervous, it won't be that clawful. Adrien's a pretty nice guy. And I'm sure he's thrilled to fake date you too"

"That's not what I was worried about," I said, fidgeting. "I just- Nevermind. How are you doing? I heard that Ladybug isn't your soulmate"

Chat hesitated, and then smiled a little sadly. "It's okay, it could've been worse. I think the guy really makes her happy, so that's all that matters"

Wow. Did he really love me- I mean Ladybug that much that he was willing to let her go? 

"I'm here if you want to talk, Chat" I offered softly. 

"Thank you princess. But you should get some sleep...because starting tomorrow, the act begins" he winked, and jumped out my window. 

~~ 

A/N

Heyaa! 

Chapter 15 is up, and things are on the roll! 

Thank you all so much for 300 reads, cuz like it's crazy. I really appreciate it. 

Question of the Day: Which Miraculous Holder should enter next? 

Love y'all! 

xxx S