29 - Chat Noir

I finally understood how Marinette felt. This heartbreak...it was consuming. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat. Everything became irrelevant. 

My father, thinking I was sick, excused me from school. For the next few days, both as Chat and as Adrien, I was emotionally lost.

What was happening to me? Was I that bad of a person that my own partner couldn't stand to be around me?

Plagg of course, tried to constantly comfort me, and Nino would come over often to check on me, but nothing helped. It was like this never ending pit on pain in my stomach that just refused to go away.

As Adrien, I told my father and Natalie that I was sick and stayed home from school.

When there was a villain, I would go in, fight, use my cataclysm, and get the hell out of there. Ladybug often tried to stop me, but I wouldn't even look her in the eye. I didn't need her pity. On our patrols, I left her a voice message saying that we should patrol at different places to put some space between us, and she hadn't said anything back.

So here I was after days of wallowing, standing in front of Master Fu, with a clear decision in mind.

"Master, I want to quit being a superhero," I said quietly.

Master Fu nearly spat out the coffee he was holding in his mouth. "Adrien, what is this all of a sudden?"

"I'm sorry," I told him. "But I just can't work with someone who doesn't feel comfortable around me. Paris needs Ladybug...she can do fine without me. They don't need Chat"

"Wow, you really are stupid" Master said. "Chat Noir, Ladybug needs you now more than ever. Trust me on this"

What did he mean by that? Ladybug didn't need me, she never needed anyone. "Sorry Master, but I just don't think this is going to work out"

I turned, and got ready to walk away. "Think of Plagg!" came Wyazz's voice from behind me.

"What?" I stopped.

"How can you be that selfish and not think of Plagg?" Wyazz demanded. "He loves you!"

"He'll find someone else to love," I sighed. "Sorry Wyazz"

"Oh my god, I nearly forgot!" Master Fu suddenly exclaimed, causing me to turn around abruptly.

He searched under his mattress until he brought out a thin, coarsed, piece of paper that looked like it was torn out of a notebook.

"I was told to give this to you" Master Fu said, thrusting it into my hands.

I opened it curiously, because I'd never had anyone leave me a letter before. But all there was on it was a time and a place, nothing more.

Tuesday 20th, 20:00.

Roof of Tom and Sabine's Bakery.

- L.B

What in the world was going on? After I finished scanning the paper, I looked up at Master Fu with troubled eyes, only to find the same expression written across his face. What did Ladybug want with me?

"How do I know this isn't fake?" I demanded.

"She gave it to me herself you idiot" he sighed. "Just...consider it okay? I know things between the both of you are not good at the moment, but you both are friends as much as you are partners, and you can't ignore that"

I nodded, and didn't want to talk about it further, so I mumbled a thanks and left. Not feeling like going home yet, so I jumped from roof to roof aimlessly, and found myself at the same spot that Ladybug asked me to meet. The roof of Marinette's house.

From some sort of instinct, I pulled out the note paper, and studied it in a new light, before my heart stopped in my chest.

Something about it was familiar to me when I saw it first, but I had dismissed the feeling in Master Fu's house. But now I could see it, clear as light.

This note was written from a paper that was part of my history class's textbook. 

~~

A/N 

Heya! 

Here's Chapter 29 for you! How did you like it?? 

Do me a favour and rate this book out of 10 so far for me please :) 

And be sure to VOTE if you like it! 

Love y'all!

xxx S