18 - Chat Noir

I had it with Queen Wasp. In my opinion, there was no bigger attention seeker. She was like a cat with a ball of yarn.

Flipping my baton in circles all around me, I focused on getting these masses of wasps away from me. Preferably way further away than they were now.

That's when I heard Ladybug's scream.

I turned abruptly, and there she was, venom stung by a wasp in her back. Her eyes glazed over, and she stood up straight.

"Ah!" Queen Wasp gasped in pleasure. "Ladybug in my service. What a nice surprise!"

I could only keep fighting, because the wasps were still swarming me.

"Let her go!" I yelled. Seeing Ladybug like that made my heart pound in fear. 

I had never felt this way all the times that I was in danger. Apparently I cared about Ladybug way more than I cared for myself. 

"Not likely" Queen Wasp responded. And then she paused to think.

Abruptly, she held out her arms, and the wasps attacking me receded to her side. "What the hell?" I muttered.

"Ladybug" she called sweetly. "Hold your breath"

And Ladybug did. Eyes empty, she inhaled, but didn't exhale. My heart, beating like mad, only increased my fear. I froze in place.

"Now, Chat Noir, if you want to save your lady, you'll have to take me to Adrien" she said. "And if I were you, I'd make it snappy"

"Chloe" I called, stepping towards her. "You don't have to do this"

She blinked confusedly, as if she hadn't expected this reaction out of me. I knew that as a supernatural, Ladybug could hold her breath longer than the average human, but that still wouldn't be enough time.

I didn't know why I, the Destroyer, was negotiating with her.

"Yes I do" she answered me, her voice icy.

"No, you don't" I stepped even closer. "What happens when you find Adrien huh? Someone else is his soulmate. Why are you hell bent on being with him?"

"Because no one has ever loved me the way they have loved him!" she screamed suddenly. "I just want to be part of that life!"

I stopped, frozen. Chloe looked so broken, her eyes wild. All she wanted was love. It's all anyone ever wanted.

"You're not going to be loved like this," I told her gently. "It's not the right way"

She screamed in frustration, gripping the sides of her head. Hawkmoth was trying to persuade the evil side of her, but some part of her knew I was right. That's when I spotted her earrings. But I couldn't destroy them yet, because Ladybug couldn't capture the akuma.

"Chloe" I said, putting my arms on her shoulders. "Please. You're better than this. Let Ladybug go"

She was clearly struggling with Hawkmoth's voice, but she managed to croak, "Ladybug, de-venomise"

Ladybug came to her senses and gasped. It was time to break the akuma and save Chloe. 

~~

A/N

Heyo! 

Thank you all so much for 500+ reads and 200+ votes, it makes me so happy to see you all enjoy my work. 

As promised, one of the longer chapters are here! And psst...there's been a cover update! 

What did you think of this chapter? 

Question of the Day: Which Miraculous from the box would you choose? 

I love y'all so much! 

xxx S