chapter 15: Dinner with the Johnsons

Chapter 15: Dinner with the Johnsons

-Sunsets happen everyday but today is the day I'm going to cherish it.

-Hannah Charles-

His single touch sent an unknown sensation throughout my body. I wanted to slap his hand away but much to my dismay, I didn't to do so. I stared at the amazing view in front of me, the sky looked breathtaking.

Sunsets happen everyday but today is the day I'm going to cherish it, I thought. I had never seen anything quite like this before. Sure, I saw multiples of sunsets back home but the view here was seemly breathtaking. I looked at Robert. The sun rays made his hair appeared golden. I felt the urge to run my fingers through his messy blond hair but shrugged it off when I caught him staring at me. Feeling tensed, I stared ahead of me.

A few minutes past by and I was still staring at the sunset. Watching the colors blended in the sky, an unusual spectrum. I was mesmerized by it. It seemed Robert wasn't interested in the beauty that lied ahead, I could feel his eyes on me, his two precious orbs. Feeling nervous, I told him indirectly to look away. He chuckled. Damn, why did he have to chuckle all the time? Maybe it was a technique of distressing himself or a technique to get girls into his pants. I hoped it's not the latter.

"No, where I'm looking is far more beautiful," he murmured.

Oh God, did he have to be that intimidating. There was nothing special about me nor did I look attractive so why the hell was he looking at me like that. I turned my gaze at him and tried to divert his statement by saying, "Honestly, there's nothing beautiful here."

He lifted my chin, pretending to examine my face before he whispered huskily, "Everything is beautiful here."

His words made me chilled. I knew I shouldn't take his words seriously, but still it afftected me. He slowly closed the distant between us. His face was evidently so close. His cobalt orbs burned into mine. My lips parted a little as his breath touch them. My heartbeat had multiple its normal rate. He was going to kiss me. He was indeed going to do so. He got closer and closer. I took a deep breathe when I felt his on my face. His lips made sure there was no distant that separated us. I stood frozen. Just when his lips were about to brush mine, the door burst open.

"Damn it!" he hissed.

"Uncle Robbie, Hannah, dinner is ready," Amy said a few seconds after eyeing us. She was the eldest, I was sure she knew what was about to happen if she didn't step in. I quickly moved away from him to clear her doubt and pretended to relieve a cough.

"I need some water," I said trying to break her from imagining what was going to happen between us. Amy stopped staring and smiled, "Come on, follow me to the kitchen."

I followed her, glad to leave Robert behind with his own thoughts and break the awkwardness that was about to happen. I seriously had no idea what I would do if he really kissed me. He was my boss. It would have been extremely weird and I was surprised with myself that I didn't slap him away. It took me awhile to gather my confidence and be around guys again. Why did I give in so easily? I usually don't give in or even let anyone in. I should get a grip of myself before it'll be too late.

Amy guided me to the kitchen. It wasn't huge; it was medium sized, and just nice to cook and do the dishes, whatever else you do in the kitchen. The red wall-built kitchen cabinets and cupboards suited perfectly with the beige colored wall. Amy walked over to the counter. She grabbed an empty glass from the shelf. She took the jug on the table and poured a glass of water for me. I thanked her and drank all of it in one shot. She was eyeing me weirdly.

"What?" I asked nervously. I hoped she wouldn't question the possibilities of the earlier scene.

"You are beautiful Hannah. I like you," Amy unexpectedly voiced out . Without warning, she wrapped her thin arms around my waist.