Chapter 10: The Awkward Ride

As they were ready to leave the studio, Hannah turned back to have a last look at Oprah, who was waving at her. Hannah, who was surprised to see such a famous person waving at her, waved back cheerfully displaying her set of Colgate white teeth. Hannah admired her for her generosity and kindness that she held over millions of people worldwide. She wished that one day she could be somebody great like her.

Rob glanced at her and signaled her to follow him.

Hannah was still staring at Oprah; she wasn't watching her steps in front of her.

"Opps...," she yelped when she stumbled upon a broken tile. She tried to steady herself but before she had the time to, she fell straight towards Robert's back, her right cheek slightly touching against Robert's butt. Robert immediately turned, just in time to hold her from falling. For a moment there, they made eye contact. Hannah stared at his baby blues. She felt her body shivered. 

Why was I feeling like this?

"I know I'm sexy but enough staring for today. You're supposed to watch my back, not the other way around," retorted Robert with his hands still on her arms.

"I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again," Hannah apologized for her clumsiness and steadied herself. Although she wanted to say get over yourself, you're not that sexy as you think you are. She just restrained herself from saying it; he was her boss after all, she had to obey him.

"It's ok. Now make sure you stop staring at Oprah and please, close your mouth. It's hanging open like a hungry gorilla!" uttered Robert sarcastically letting go of her arms.

Hannah closed her mouth, quietly cussing Robert under her breath. She followed him to the entrance.

"What took you so long?" Tina, Rob's manager, blurted out at them.

"Hannah was busy ogling at Oprah and kissing my butt at the same time. I think it's her first time," muttered Rob.

"I wasn't kissing your butt and would never KISS your not so sexy butt, get over yourself," blurted out Hannah not being able to control herself this time. Robert didn't seem to be affected by her words and pretend he didn't hear a word she said.

"Did she just say my butt is sexy?" Robert smirked.

Tina looked at Hannah, who appeared to be nervous.

"Cut her some slack, Rob. Not everyone gets to see Oprah in person," Tina defended Hannah.  "Hannah, me and the crew are going back to the studio. So you'll have to go with Rob. You'll watch over him while he's out there. Call me if you spot anything suspicious."

"Oh, ok."

Hannah wished that could follow them in the limo. She hated the fact that she had to travel alone with Robert. She had no choice since she was Robert's bodyguard.

Hannah followed Robert to his red Ferrari convertible. To her surprise, Robert opened the door for her.  

What a cocky gentleman, opening the door for me and being a dick at the same time, she thought. She got in while Robert made his way to the other side. Robert started the car and drove off to his destination. They were both quiet during the ride.  Hannah couldn't help but notice that Rob's cocking expression had faded and replaced with a serious look.

Robert abruptly hit the brakes when he saw the red light.

"Ouch!" whined Hannah after her forehead knocked the dashboard.

"Are you crazy? Do you want to get us kill?" Hannah glared at Robert, who clearly wasn't listening. He was lost in his own thoughts.  Hannah thought perhaps it was because of the interview. Oprah had asked him some pretty intense questions about Vienna. Hannah didn't know why, but she felt that Robert hadn't been fully honest to Oprah.

"Why did you break-up with Vienna?" Hannah curiously asked him all of a sudden.

Robert slowly turned to gaze at her, surprised by her question. 

"She's an addict. I found her with a pile of crack cocaine..."

"Oh"

Hannah was speechless. She had no idea what to say as she knew whatever she'd say, it will not comfort him in any way.