Chapter 26: The British Dude

Dedicated to all my wonderful readers and silent readers who have voted continuously and boosting my confidence in this story.

Chapter 26: The British Dude

-Never underestimate the power of love. Just like a drug, it involuntarily gets you addicted to it. Just like a poison, it reacts on its own rule. Just like me, who created a place of it in your heart. And just like you, who can't breathe around it.-

Hannah Charles

"You!" We both said in unison.
He wasn't wearing his dumb sunglasses and it was rather refreshing seeing the color of his orbs. His dark stare could make me blind if I didn't avert my eyes but I wasn't a person to be easily intimidated by someone else's strong aura. I locked a challenging gaze with him, the person who knocked Alex's car. Now I knew why he didn't want me to call the cops -because he was someone important, famous perhaps a celebrity. I couldn't tell which one though. His orbs was telling me he was someone influential and I was going to regret looking at him directly in his eyes. Well, I didn't really care.

"What are you doing here?" We both asked, again at the same time.

"Well Mr who knocked my car, if you must know -it's a free country. I'm allowed to be  anywhere I want to." I crossed my arms while eyeing him grabbing hold of his supposedly cold beer.

"And I don't understand; what are you doing here?" He said in his British  monotone, eyeing me in disgust. I knew I wasn't well dressed as the other glitterati here. Being the only one in black tights and gray beaded sweater, I really stood out of the crowd. Way to go Hannah!

"I don't understand what you're doing here either." Examining him up and down. Wearing an expensive black suit, sitting there like he owned this club. I knew for a fact that I met him somewhere else beside the little accident at the traffic post four days ago. But where? Then, realisation hit me. He was the man in the parking lot -the one who intimidated both Eleana and the security officer. The incorrigible man was the driver of the black Audi SUV and I assumed the owner of it as well. His tone and strong British accent said it all. I hoped he wouldn't find out about me bumping his car a while ago.

If you must know," he said mimicking me, "I was personally invited by the owner of the opening of this club and also an investor of this luxury entertainment. As for you, I can't seem to tell if you're one of the dancing girls," he paused pointing to Justin Beeber dancing crew, "Or the bartender's girlfriend."

I eyed the bartender, the one this incorrigible man was indicating I was in a relationship with. He was young, athletic features; tall and muscular but he wasn't up to my liking when I saw him stopped wiping the wine glasses to give me a smirk and a wink that followed after. What the freaking tarts!

How dare he humiliated me like that! I knew I wasn't famous but he didn't have to  assumed I was the bartender's girlfriend lifting the bartender's spirit to smirk and wink at me. Yuck!

"Who do you think you are to talk to me like that, huh? You think you're  Prince of England to come down here in my country to throw unflattering remarks at me!"

He chuckled. Did he think what I said was funny? Dang him!

"And I'm NOT the bartender's girlfriend. Get this in your freaking head!"
I suddenly wished Robert will be here to save me from this man's poisonous tongue. Not for once did I regret bumping into his car instead I wished his car was dented badly. I mentally imagined myself scratching his car and him going berserk over it.

"I see you've met Hannah." A familiar voice spoke behind me. My joy was lifted when I saw Robert standing behind me, smiling gloriously showing of his pearly teeth and cute dimples. But wait, he wasn't smiling at me. Instead, he was smiling at this incorrigible man. I wouldn't dream of smiling at him like that. I was doomed if they both knew each other.

"So this is Hannah and here I thought she's with the bartender," the Incorrigible man sitting next to me said.

"Ed, you never seem to be out of sarcasm." Robert walked his way in between me and this incorrigible man who also happened to be the owner of the unlucky SUV. Robert drew his face closer to him and whispered hoarsely , "She's with me. Don't ever mock her with the bartender. I don't like it or else you'll be in grave danger."
So much for whispering. I heard every single word he said. If Robert were to talk to me like that, I wouldn't personally like it. But seeing him threatening this incorrigible man really made me want to jump up and down. There was only one person who defended me my whole life. I didn't know there'll be a second one until this moment.

Robert moved slightly away from him. Standing between us, he introduced us. "Hannah, this is Ed. My bestfriend from Harvard and also prince of Maverick Island." I put my finger in my ear, shaking it in case something was blocking my eardrums from digesting what he just said. A p-prince? No way! He continued, "And this is Hannah, my new female bo.."
"ROUBERE, iz zat you?" We were interupted by a tall brunette who appeared to step out of Victoria  Secrets catalogue.

******************************************************

Hey guys!

Can you believe it? Hannah hit a Prince car? Way to go girl!

I love you all for voting nd commenting. I will love you more if you can check out my new story His Incorrigible Majesty. A story about Eleana and...... (I  don't want to give that away just yet).

Do you think this story should be in the wattys? Please readers and writers and silent readers, let me know.
If you like it please share to your friends or others.
Thank you for your kind support and that's what encourage me to update.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Photo at the side is Ed, the prince ^_~

As you know it, I  love y'all,

SweetAngelx