Chapter 30: Waiting for Hannah

@narmeennirma Happy Birthday!

Chapter 30:  Waiting for Hannah.

-Most people are impatient. Only few of them managed to wait. Stick with the ones who wait rather than the impatient ones.

*Recap*

I tried to stay calm but it was hard. It was dark and the door was jammed. All of a sudden, I heard someone whistling –a short whistle followed with a long whistle and again a short whistle. The three familiar syllable whistles; no it couldn't be. Was I having another attack, was I hallucinating again? It couldn't be. I shook my head in agony and backed away from the door. The sound of the whistles made my heart rate triple its normal rate. I started to feel difficult to breath. Who was out there? Was it my nightmare coming true? The whistles sounded nearer and nearer. I closed my eyes, hoping it was a nightmare. I opened them again. Much to my dismay, I was still in the toilet stall with no lights and the sound was getting closer. I needed to get away before I got hurt again. I parted my lips to shout for help but my voice was stuck at the back of my throat.

Sweat dripped down my face as I contemplated in fear.

God, please help me, please don't let this happen to me again.

***********

Robert Hugh Patrick

Justin Bieber, a fan of mine. Damn! Was he saying that to sweeten himself up for Hannah or did he really mean it? I hated the way his eyes traced her body, the same way a lion would stalk its prey except his intention was completely different. The die-heart smile he gave her, the twinkle in his eyes and the touch he initiated. It was clear. The Hollywood heartthrob had a thing for Hannah. I could see it in his not-so-naive orbs. He might be 4 years younger than me therefore I was well aware of guys his age who mostly wanted to score an easy nooky prey.

But hell no! Hannah wouldn't be one of his victims. I wouldn't let that happen. Not when she came in as my plus one. Hence the urge to hold her tightly against me seemed tempting. It was like my body was calling out to her secretly. When she excused herself to use the ladies, my body involuntarily cried out in discomfort and couldn't wait to feel her next to me again.

I stared at Hannah's back as she practically ran to the ladies. Must be an emergency, I guessed. Nevertheless, I enjoyed watching her backside more than the woman who was dancing like a ferocious snake ahead of me as if I was a snake charmer.

Marie Antoinette was such a teased. Not only was her dress enthralling, she also knew how to flaunt it dangerously as well. Most men present gawked at her wolfishly. Little did she know I wasn't that impressed but still I couldn't control my eyes to linger about.

"Roubere, we ran into each ozer again."

"Yes, indeed." I nodded, breaking my eyes from her body.

"So, howz ze movie going?"

"Great. We just finished shooting the action scene."

"Too bad I mizzed zat," sang Marie in her French accent while her fingers caressed my biceps. I jolted in surprise. "I wanted to si wat'z underneaz your shirt," She murmured in a soft and husky tone. "and si you in flesh, wiz sweatz dropping down your body.." Her finger continued to trail down to my elbow.

Oh-uh, the conversation was going to a different direction.

Distract yourself, don't get involve with another co-star.

Hannah, why are you taking long?

I pretended I didn't hear her enticing remark. At the meantime, I spotted Ed strutting a few feet from me. I called out to him while Marie let go of her fingers from my skin.