Chapter 16: Drake Johnson

A big thanks to @Evie04 for reading and voting for TCB.

*Chris Hemsworth as Drake Johnson ( Robert's cousin).

Chapter 16: Drake Johnson

-There are moments in life when you ask yourself why and no one knows why but you.

Hannah Charles

The hair on my body stood up. My nerves were on edge and my heart pounded violently against my ribcage.

I should have realized it, Drake Johnson; 7 kids, a horse, a cat and a house. Now this all make sense. How could I have been stupid? I should have known the moment my eyes laid on that picture, the familiar hypnotic green eyes.

Robert's huge hand loosened his grip on mine. He stood up from his seat; a screeching sound could be heard from the friction between his chair and the floor which almost startled me. I could feel Drake was behind me. He must not notice me. I looked down at my plate, my hair falling around my face when I did so.

Good, he won't recognize me.

"Hey, bro! Nice to see you." Robert extended his hand. Drake took it and they shook their hands firmly.

"Nice to see you too, bro! It's been ages since you've shown your ass here." Drake pulled his hand away to drown Robert into a brotherly hug. Robert patted his back.

"You're exaggerating; I was here a couple of months ago. You're the one that was away, chasing after a particular brunette!" I winced hearing Robert said that. He coul. d not have known about me, could he?

"At least I was chasing one, unlike you Mr. Hollywood who seems to always be running away from them."

"What can I say, chicks dig me!" I knew too well Robert must be smirking at Drake. He still didn't notice me. I wished Robert doesn't introduce us. I needed to sneak out of here before he did, but how? I was left in thoughts.

"You big ass!"

"Language, Drake!" Aunt Sue muttered, eyeing both of them.

"Oh, hi mom, dad and my lovely bunnies. Have you been good? Did you give nana and dada a hard time?" Drake addressed everyone in the room. As for me, I was trying to be invisible and praying to God to make me unnoticeable to him. If only I could camouflage myself in between them, I could escape his hypnotic gaze.

"No daddy, we've been good. Now, did you buy the Geometry set I told you I needed for school?" Amy, his eldest child asked, pointing her fork at her dad.

"Of course honey! How could daddy forget, you've been pestering me about it the whole week. It's in the bag by the door," Drake walked over to A and kissed her on her forehead. He did the same for all the kids. Finally, he kissed his mother on her right cheek and shook his father hand. Mr. Johnson aka Uncle Bob who was sitting at the end of the table, whispered to Drake, "Son, I hate to say this but you stink!" Aunt Sue and Robert chuckled at his remark.

"And Drake, could you please leave your boots by the door? I don't want the floor to get all muddy again." Aunt Sue said, pointing her fingers to his dirty muddy brown leather boots.

"Again mom?" Drake raised his left eyebrow.

"Asked Robbie about the mud war he had we the kids, it gave me a headache to get it off the floor and now don't you dare make the same mistake. I'm not young anymore to mop twice," whined Aunt Sue.

"Aunt Sue, I'm really sorry. How about I give you a massage after this?" Robert grinned evilly at his aunt.

"No no no! I don't want a massage again from you. Your huge hands will break my delicate bones." I burst into laughter when I heard Aunt Sue said that so did the others. Drake who was standing the other side of the table stared at me.

Uh-oh.

"Come on, I'm not that bad."

"Yes, you are Robbie. The last massage you gave me, hurt me for a week. I regret taking your offer." The kids giggled hearing their grandma statement.

"Fine! I'll treat you to Thai massage next time," Robert muttered.

Suddenly Drake asked pointing at me, "Bro, who's that?"

Oh shit balooni! What should I do? Think Hannah, quick before you're busted.

"She's Uncle Robbie's girlfriend and my new friend, aren't you Hannah?" Both the twins said at the same time.

Dang, I'm truly busted!

I looked up at the twins, D and G, and smiled at them. They were sitting opposite of me, looking cute - how could I be angry at them?

"Hannah - Hannah Charles?" Drake asked, both his eyes glued on me as if he couldn't believe his ears.

Please God, let the earth swallow me.

I glanced up at his tall figure, my hair falling back in place. His hypnotic green eyes turned into a dangerous shade when he saw my naked face. I would have run away if it wasn't for Robert who took hold of my shivering hand again.

"Yes. She's Hannah Charles, my girlfriend," Robert said, his free arm making his way around my shoulders. I would have slap his hand away if Drake weren't shooting daggers at me with his eyes. I'M HIS BODYGUARD, why can't he say that!

"Wait a sec, how do you know her name?" asked Robert, his eyes focused on Drake whose eyes were focused on me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks to @alicia_grace123 for the amazing cover. I love it!

Please do comments and votes, you have no idea that your support means a lot. Thank you.

Love you all,

SweetAngelx