Chapter 45: The Re-Amnesia

*Happy Chinese New Year* ❤Gong Xi Fa Cai* Hope I said that correctly.👌😉

Chapter 45: The Re-Amnesia

"If you don't let go of the past, it'll affect your present and future."

Robert Hugh Patrick

A fucking man was asking for Hannah. A fucking man!

Against all my will, I had to suppress the urge of saying fuck; who the fuck are you. Instead I settled with, "Who's this?"

"I'm Alex." The person answered.

Alex? "How did you get my number?"

"Hannah called me on this number about two hours ago."

What? I gave her my phone to keep and she used it to call this dude! "I see." I scratched my chin, thinking when she could have possibly made the call.

"Tell Hannah that I need to speak to her this instant." That Alex fellow ordered me. Who did he think I was? Hannah's servant?

I still remained compose. "May I kindly ask why do you need to speak to her this instant?"

"I need to ask her when she's returning home. So could you please hand the phone to her?" His voice was laced with worried.

Did he just say when she's returning home? HOME? As in a home with a fucking guy! I thought she was...

I badly wanted to smack this person on the other line and asked him what did he mean by home? Who was he to Hannah? What were their fucking relationship? But then I would sound possessive, needy and aggressive. I couldn't risk that.

I huffed in frustration, eyeing the wad's door. "Hannah is busy at the moment."

"Busy? Are you sure?" He queried.

"If you think I'm not sure, then call her on her cell." I retorted, running a hand through my hair. This guy was eating my nerves. Whoever the fuck he was, I couldn't tell him about Hannah being in the hospital.

"Do you think I'm a fool?"

"Excuse me?" Seriously, what the fuck?

"If you think I'm a fool, then you're wrong."

"Enlighten me then."

He chuckled in a sarcastic way. "I know Hannah is your bodyguard. And I also know you broke her phone. Thus you should be the one enlightening me about how you broke the phone I have gotten her."

How the fuck did he know? I couldn't hold on to the curiosity part of me. I lashed out, "Who the fuck are you?"

"I told you, I'm Alex." He answered calmly.

"Alex, who?"

"Hannah's my ..."

The lumbering sound of the door being pull caught my attention. Vaguely, I pressed the end call button and shoved my Iphone into my rear pocket.

"Doctor, how's Hannah?" Eleana asked, standing up to meet the doctor.

The doctor shook his head. I couldn't tell if he was talking since his surgical mask was covering half of his face. Then unexpectedly, he stalked off down the hallway. I thought he would give us some feedback.

"Doctor, wait!" I was about to run after him. I needed to ask him about Hannah's condition but Jared placed his hand on my shoulder, halted me from moving further.

"I'll talk to him. Why don't you go inside and see her?" Jared tried to soothe me.

"Alright." I opened the door and stepped inside. I held the door opened for Eleana to come in.