Chapter 44: The Phone Call

"There's something about you that makes me want to keep you all to myself."

Robert Hugh Patrick

There was a fraught silence between us. I paced back and forth in the hallway, waiting for the doctor to emerge. Jared was leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets while his cousin, Eleana was lounging on the couch. Both of them seemed to be in deep thoughts. Whatever they were thinking must be about Hannah. She seemed too distraught by the incident. The way she was trembling and swinging her arms and legs earlier had left us all in a stew.

The doctor was taking quite some time in there. My thoughts drifted to what was possibly going on inside. Was Hannah alright? Was he monitoring her heart rate? Had he sedated her? But the thoughts that disturbed me the most was the probability of him touching her. I was pretty sure the doctor earlier was a female. I wondered if they changed shift or ...

All of us glared at the door knob when we heard a bunch of giggles. Somehow, we all thought it was the doctor coming out of the room, giving us an update on Hannah's condition. Much to our disappointment, it wasn't the doctor. We elevated our gaze from the door to the end of the hallway, the source of the giggling sound.

Three girls were peeking and twittering at the same time. They were pushing each other to come forward. I could hear one of them was saying, "I can't believe it! It's really him." Another girl who was a tad taller than the other two whispered loud enough for us to hear, "He is much hotter than his pictures." The middle one stepped out and said, "I can't believe my eyes. It's really him. Let's not waste any time. Come on, let's take a selfie with him." The taller girl said, "Are you sure?" The other two girls ignored her and began to saunter down the hallway towards us.

"I can't believe it!" muttered Jared, walking to my side. "Where the hell do they think they are?"

I shook my head and sighed. "Fans, they're literally everywhere. I can't even inhale with privacy."

My life was an open book. No matter where I'll go, I'll be recognized by my fans. Today was one of my unluckiest days. I wasn't in the mood to entertain these girls who were approaching us with a wide grin on their faces. And yet, I couldn't be rude to them. It'll impact my career and their point of view of me.

Jared hissed, scratching his forehead, "Rob, don't worry. I'll get rid of them."

I didn't have to say anything. Jared was a wise man. He understood everything as well as he knew how to handle it.

"Thanks man." It was all I could say. Hannah's situation was taking a whole lot of place in my mind. I couldn't muster myself to say anything else.

Jared nodded and made his way to the girls.  Whatever he said made them turned their backs at me.

"My cuz is such a friendly and talented man," said Eleana who was still on the couch.

I focused my gaze at her. Both of them had the same color of hair, dark and shiny. Eleana was tanned whereas Jared was pale. Eleana was beautiful, curvy and bold. She could have been a model if she wanted to. Jared on the other hand, was a bit too friendly which made him appeared less macho but I bet he didn't care. It was his job to behave such way. He had the links of thousands of celebrities in his hands. Plus, he owns a celebrity club and multiple social websites. I'd say, he was a genius.

"I can see that."

"Does this happen everywhere you go?" Eleana asked, pointing at the retreating figures.

If I wasn't worried, I would have smile at her while I replied her question. "Yes, they're everywhere even in places you least expect them too. You won't be able to imagine it."

Eleana ran a finger through her ponytail. "I can't really imagine it. I really can't. Do you like it, being famous, being recognized everywhere you go and people taking snap of you?"

I chuckled at her question. I had been interviewed numerous times so I knew very well how to answer her. "At first, everything was overwhelming. The fans, the ladies, the gifts, the candied shot... but after sometime, everything seemed to become a nuisance. I can't enjoy the luxury of  a local cafe without getting pestered."

Eleana let out a low whistle. "I guess that's where Hannah steps in, right?"

"I guess so."

"Hannah is brave. I wouldn't be able to do what she does for a living."

"Indeed she is. If she wasn't here, I would be the one in the ward right now."

Jared came back and the girls were out of sight. "And you're lucky to get such a hot girl as a bodyguard." He sat on a vacant couch beside Eleana. "If words get out, the other male celebrities will fight to get her as their bodyguard or better, find their own female guardian."

I tightened my fist at his statement. What he said reminded me of Justin Beeber, the way he was talking and touching her back in the club. Not many people knew about my female bodyguard. Ricky said to keep her in the low as she was still a trainee. Hence, one of the reason I said she was my girlfriend, a likely excuse. "Jared, I'm counting on you not to let those words come out. I don't want to create such an unintentional trend in the industry. I can't imagine how Hannah's life will be affected if it does."

Yes, I could imagine. She'll become famous. She will be touted by the media. I didn't want that to happen. There was something about her that made me want to keep her all to myself. Something I wasn't sure of.

Eleana asked Jared, "Cuz, how did you manage to get rid of the girls?"

I stared back at the door, hoping the doctor will finally appear and tell us what had happened. As Jared was busy sharing how he got rid of the fan girls, my phone vibrated. Reluctantly, I took it out and answered it.

"Robert here."

"Hi, can I speak to Hannah?"

I scoffed.

What the fuck?

A male voice!

_____________________________________________________________________

Hey you guys!
I'm so tired and sleepy so I'm saving the hot part in the next chapter.
Let me know if there is any mistakes.

Love y'all,
SWEETANGELX
XOXO