Chapter 46: Undressed Me

Mammamia! I'm back :D

Chapter 46: Undressed Me

"No words can describe how I feel. No words can change what I'm feeling. No words will overcome my current status. No words will make things better."

Hannah Charles

A feeling of consternation engulfed me. A part of my brain was screaming with agony recalling today's event and my recent nightmare. However, the presence of Robert had managed to reduce a huge amount of it.

Robert's words penetrated through my mind. He called me beautiful. He said I was a beautiful girl. How thoughtful of him! He only waited when I was vulnerable and feeble to tell me these nine letters, four consonants, five vowels and four syllables word. He was such a bastard!

A Freaking bastard!

I wanted to hit him but pain coursed within my nerves as I tried lifting my arms. My hands were immensely burning. I couldn't even flick my wrists. I stared at the bandages.

What the hell happened to me?

I noticed the doctor who had just stepped into the room motioned Robert outside. I groaned. I wanted Robert here even though he was being a jerk. I didn't know why but I needed him by my side. Perhaps it was because he made me feel safe and secure. I didn't like it being here alone in this freaking room with these nurses who were instantly poking me with needles. The two nurses didn't appear friendly at all. They were staring at me as if I was a porcelain doll. Plus, I didn't want to take any chances to doze off. He will haunt me again in my dream. It was already bad enough I was here in Newville, the place I swore to never set foot in. But now, against my wishes, I was in Newville General Hospital. Of all the places in the world, of all the places in America, of all the places in Newville, I had to be here. Why? Why God? Why? What did I do? Why was fate bringing me back here? It felt like déjà vu all over again. The only difference; Alex wasn't with me. Tiny drop of my tears began to flow down my cheeks.

Alex, I miss you. I miss your kiss. I miss your hug. I miss your warm body. I miss your voice, your soothing words you would whisper to me.

The abrupt sound of the door interjected my thoughts about Alex. The doctor was back. She was alone. Where was Robert?

"We've got her blood sample and her reading from the monitor." One of the nurses said to the doctor.

"How's her blood glucose level?" The doctor asked.

"It's normal, doctor," answered the nurses.

"And her ECG?"

"Her reading is beyond normal." They replied together, fiddling with the apparatus they were holding.

"Beyond normal?" The doctor questioned, her brow arched.

"Yes, doctor."

I wondered why they sounded nervous. They were talking about my heart, not theirs.

"Get the rhythm strip." The doctor was studying the papers she had in her hand when one of the nurses handed her a paper with graph images.

It must be the pattern of my heartbeat.

The doctor studied the pattern of the graph.

"Both of you," she pointed at the nurses, "run to the lab and get the blood tested again."

She then murmured to herself, "Sinus tachycardia" and shook her head.

What could that be?