Chapter 18: To the Club

A big thanks to @DanaAndrew-Fonacier , @Juicy40197 and @JuanaJacal for reading and voting. Love you!

Chapter 18: To the Club

-Most people like to complicate things rather than uncomplicating it.

Hannah Charles

Staring outside the window, all I could see was plain darkness; the street lights were very dim almost resembling a comet. Meanwhile, my thoughts were restless. I thought the Drake chapter was over. Running away was the only solution I had to get away from him. I couldn't tell whether it was fate or a coincidence that we met again. I was terrified back there in the bathroom, Drake's anger had gotten worst. How dare he said I destroyed his life when it was completely the opposite. I lost the most precious thing I owned because of him. Thank god Robert came in time and rescued me from him. I didn't know what would have happened if he didn't.

However, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson were kind and sweet. They asked Robert to bring me whenever he comes to visit again. They were truly a lovely couple. I wondered if Drake was like them before his wife passed away.

I turned to my left side and focused my gaze on Robert who was driving. Unlike earlier, his face was now emotionless, his body not relaxed fully. I didn't dare to say anything to break the silence. So I just continued to stare outside my thoughts driven back to Drake and the past I left behind. I tried hard not to shed a tear. Well, at least it was Drake that I've met not the other one that was lying in a cell. I consoled myself, trying to be positive.

I signed as another street light illuminate my face. The ride to the club was longer than I expected. It was almost an hour since I've been sitting in the car; my bum was starting to ache.

"Are you sure you're ok? You looked pale." Robert decided to break the silence.

"I'm fine," I answered too quickly not looking at him. Robert's hand made his way to grip my hand that was resting on my left thigh. I gasped as I felt his warm hand made contact with my tight, sending shrills throughout my body.

"Your hands are extremely cold," he said. "Are you sure you're ok? Do you want to get something to eat?" He must have noticed that I didn't finish my food. My throat went numb after the incident with Drake.

"I think I need a cup of coffee. Do they have coffee in the club?" I stared at him.

"Coffee in a club, are you serious?" He chuckled looking at me.

I glared back, "Duh yeah, I'm serious." He chuckled again looking ahead. "Haven't you been to a club before?"

"Err, of course I have." I lied, pulling strands of hair behind my ear while avoiding eye contact.

"Then you'll know that they only served alcohol there."

"Oh, yeah... Of course I know that. I was just teasing you." God, how could I be so stupid, I couldn't let him know that his bodyguard was inexperience in terms of clubbing.

He laughed, "I'm sure you know that."

I crossed my hands. "I'm glad you're finding this amusing." I muttered. "At least I brought a smile to your ghost face, I was starting to get worried with your emo."

"And your face looks like you've seen a ghost." His expression changed when he asked me this line, "Do you know Drake?"

I couldn't look at him. He was giving the pejorative look. I stared at our hands instead.

"I.. I.." I began to stutter again. My answer was completely ignored when we heard a buzzing sound. He immediately let go of my hand.

Robert gave me a look as if he was saying he will continue this later and then he reached for his iPhone that was in his pocket.