Azriel is maaad

Chapter 39 Aelin:
Orcus finally looked surprised.
"I thought you were dead."
"Yea well I'm not. Now fix this."
Orcus sighed and I realized too late what was happening.
"Connal look out!"
He had cut his hand behind his back and formed them into Wyrdmarks. Crap.
Connal was stuck in place and Fenrys was suspended in the air.
With that, he focused back on us. "Kill Yrene"
But luckily by now Feyre and Rhysand had put up stronger barriers. They blocked Yrene from our path, and since we had no instructions to kill them we were at an impasse.
He looked back over at Connal who was struggling in his invisible bonds.
Orcus just smiled and a knife appeared in his hands. He then used it to slice down Fenrys' arm.
He twitched but couldn't move more than that. Connal began to scream but it was silenced. All we could do was watch in mute horror as he continued to cut Fenrys up, and collect the blood that flowed. He hadn't noticed the standstill we were at.
So either we alerted him or not. Kill Yrene or watch him kill Fenrys.
Then thank the gods we didn't have to make that choice.
Azriel appeared and was filled with more pain and anger than I had ever seen in him. "Let him go you bastard."
Azriel:
There was nothing I could do. I walked away and left them with him. My mind was fuzzy and it was all I could do to keep on walking. I didn't know where I was going, just away.
Damn it.
And then I was filled with pain.
Overwhelming pain.
It cut through the fog and suddenly my mind was it's own again. I didn't have time to enjoy it, as the pain hit again.
But I had no injuries. I searched for the source of the pain, and found it internal rather than external. Then I pinpointed it.
The mating bond.
Suddenly I was filled with more rage and hatred than I had ever felt before. Fenrys was getting hurt. Badly. My Fenrys. My mate. Oh hell no.
I winnowed without thought, following the line of pain.
I was not prepared for what I saw.
He was floating in the air with cuts all over his body, Orcus with a knife right beside him.
"Let him go you bastard."
He seemed to be caught off guard. Probably wondering how I broke out of his trance.
"I said," my voice got lower. "Let him go."
And with that the room went pitch black.
I waved my hand and scattered the droplets of blood I knew he was trying to form into Wyrdmarks.
I reached the tips of my wings up and flapped, smudging and destroying the Wyrdmarks in the ceiling, freeing Feyre and the others. I used my foot to break the ones holding Connal and Fenrys.
I caught him before he hit the ground, and within seconds I slashed my knife through Orcus' throat.
Or at least where his throat should be.
It had only been around 15 seconds since I appeared, but he was already gone.
I swore loudly and threw my knife against the wall.
The severity of the mating bond began to weaken, and gradually the room grew brighter.
Everyone was watching me with an expression I hadn't seen before.
I sat down with Fenrys in my lap, and pulled out some first aid materials I always had on me.
"You guys go. I'll take care of him."
Most of them nodded and left.
Aelin clenched her fists but left as well. Only Connal remained.
"Let me help."
"Go with the others. I can deal with this."
"He's my brother, and I brought him back here."
He reached for Fenrys but I knocked his hand away. "That was an idiot move and you got him hurt. Now leave me alone. With the way I'm feeling right now... just go away."
It felt like everything was enhanced. I felt too much. I was in protect and kill mode. He didn't mean for it to end this way, but Connal's mistake was enough for me to kill him over.
Luckily he left, and I got back to tending Fenrys' wounds.
I don't know how much time had passed, but his eyes eventually fluttered open.  He looked confused, but smiled when he saw me.
I almost cried at that.
"Thank god you're okay."
He tried to sit up but I pushed him back down. "Stay still. You're still injured."
I could see the pain in his eyes, but he smirked. "You like me in your lap that much huh."
I growled and pushed him into the floor instead. "I hate you."
"Your actions have proven otherwise but okay. I hate you too."
We stared at each other for a moment before I cleared my throat. "So, I should go make sure everyone's doing okay. You stay here though."
He looked away and nodded. "Alright."
I stood up and quickly walked away. A lot had passed between us in a few quick moments, and I needed to focus. I took a few deep breaths and went on my way to find Rhysand.

Another shortish chapter. I swear I only get motivation to write when it's about Fenrys and Azriel. I have become way to obsessed with a ship I created. This always happens 🥲