A new start...

It's been ages since I wrote this but for some reason people are still reading it. So here are a few warnings.

I started writing this is 7th grade.

It's very long.

I kept forgetting what I wrote so there are some plot holes.

Stuff probably doesn't make sense, I usually wrote this late at night.

Chapter 1 Aelin:

I sighed as I sat down on my bed and stared at the setting sun. Why was being queen so hard? Hours and hours of paperwork, then formal meetings to discuss politics that were just so gods damned boring! And then it was my turn to watch over the children while Rowan did kingly stuff.

They were amazing, but also such a handful. I covered my face with a pillow and started to drift off, but then I heard the door creak open.

"Hey, Rowan," I muttered.

"Hey, Fireheart. Still alive?"

"Maybe. I don't know. I could have died and this is Hell. I wouldn't be surprised."

Rowan chuckled. "Come on, it's not that bad. You got to spend time with the kids while I talked to Darrow."

I turned over and glared at him. "Have you met our children? I swear Lyria is the devil. Sam is the only sane one."

He laughed again. "You wanted them."

"Did I? Did I really? I caught Lyria about to ambush some lords. I swear to gods if anything goes wrong in this place and it isn't because of me or Aedion, it's because of her."

Of course, our beautiful children had inherited our power. The 5-year-old twins Nehemia and Lyria had already shown a lot of magical potential. Nehemia had gotten the fire from me, and Lyria had the wind. And of course, they teamed up to make as much trouble possible.

Sam hadn't shown any magic yet, but that was probably because he was only a year old.

It hadn't taken us much thought to figure out what to call our 2 girls, we both knew immediately what to name them. And when Sam came I knew I had to do it.

And that led me to here. Dealing with 3 demonic children as well as a kingdom. 6 years since we defeated Erawan and regained the kingdom, and things were finally settling down.

I closed my eyes, "I'm going to sleep, and if you wake me up I will burn your eyebrows off," I grumbled as I shimmied into a more comfortable position. Rowan laughed and lay down next to me. I just ignored him and slipped into a peaceful sleep.

Feyre:

I collapsed onto the bed with a grunted exhaustion. I had just finished a painting class, and before that, I had done about a thousand tons of paperwork.

Why did Rhys have to be a high lord?

Interesting question darling. Probably because I was born into it.

And of course he heard that. Just because you can hear my thoughts doesn't mean you always should.

But I feel like it.

Insufferable prick. If you want to do something useful, check on our son. I put him to bed, but I know he's probably creeping around doing god knows what.

Even though 6 years had passed, I still felt a thrill whenever I thought of my son. After he was born, we had spent ages trying to find the perfect name for him. Finally, after a lot of thought, I came up with what I thought was perfect.

Suriel. In honor of the Suriel, the extinct species, that died to help me. An entire species gone, just because the last one alive was my friend and gave it's life to give me information. (I don't know if the species is actually dead, but I think it is so that's how it's going to be in this story)

Naming my son after it seemed like a perfect way to repay it.

He's in bed darling. And looking fabulous in his new dark red nightclothes.

Oh. I had forgotten about Rhys. Good. Now I'm going to sleep before he does anything else that will ruin this evening.

And I fell asleep.

Aelin:

I woke up with a start, not knowing what woke me. Nothing was out of the ordinary, but something felt... off.

I didn't want to disturb Rowan, so I slipped out of bed as quietly as I could and left the room. As I left the room I got a strange feeling, telling me I should move quickly. I crept along the hallway, which seemed creepy without any sound or light.

I bumped into something and stifled my scream. I turned around, dagger out, only to see a cabinet. I saw a picture on the floor so I picked it up and put it in my pocket. I would put it back later, but now I didn't want to lose the feeling.

I debated sheathing my dagger, but I felt safe holding it so I decided not to.

Unless certain activities stopped me, I went to bed in fighting gear, with all my weapons. I didn't feel safe otherwise.

As I grew closer to the kid's rooms the need to move changed into panic. I ran as quietly as I could and burst through the doors. Just in time to see the end strands of Nehemia's silver hair disappear through a void in the center of the room.

Without a second thought, I plunged straight into the void thing. My children were in there, and I wasn't going to leave them.

But as I fell onto a hard cobblestone street, and heard the portal close behind me, I wondered if I had made a mistake.

Feyre:

I woke up to a strange chill. Rhys didn't seem to notice it so I slipped out of bed and crept out of the room. I got a strange feeling that I should change into some actual clothes, and since I trusted my instincts I did. After I was done I walked down the hall where the feeling led me toward Suriel's room. Oh no.

I panicked and raced into his room at my full speed. My baby will never be hurt under my watch. But as I was going so fast, I couldn't stop myself from running even as I realized he was gone.

And I crashed headfirst through a shimmering void.

I tumbled on what seemed to be a cobblestone street, just in time to hear a girl crying. I raised my head to see a couple of strands of silver hair float from the air a little bit away from me. Strange.

I tried to stand up, but my legs felt like jelly. I could hear people talking around the corner, as well as the sound of a crying baby.

"Shut up baby! You, gold hair girl! Make the boy shut up before I do something I'll regret."

I heard whimpering, but the crying stopped. This definitely wasn't who took Suriel, but this was wrong. Before I could do anything though, I passed out.

Aelin:

They had Nehemia, and probably the others as well. I could hear voices ahead of me, but I stayed out of sight.

"Boy! Quiet before I make you!" A man with a low voice spoke.

"Sor-sorry," A young boy's voice replied. Then all was silent.

I ran around the corner, but nobody was there. All I could see was a scrap of dark red fabric, bright against the dirty road.