Theres Hope.... Right?

It's been a while since I've last written in this story, sorry. I've been losing motivation because I'm more into my other story. I keep writing these chapters in the middle of the night for about an hour or so and that's why there's probably mistakes. How did this get 5.5 k views!? That's a lot!  So thanks, and enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 32 Chaol:
I rubbed my temple before opening the dorm in front of me. I got a headache as soon as I saw Aelin, and by the end of our conversation it was pounding. I had given Aelin and Dorian the guest suites to stay in while I talked to Yrene. I hoped she would say no, but deep inside I knew that wouldn't be the case. And I knew I couldn't stop her. It was her choice to make, not mine. I could use the excuse that because our lives were tied together she should listen to me, but I couldn't do that. We never used that to our advantages, more often we pretended it wasn't there. I just didn't want her to get hurt. She'd been through enough. But it was times like these that I pitied the Fae. For all I was feeling about Yrene, their need for each other's safety would be at least twice as strong. Yet they fought anyways.
So I took a deep breath and opened the door.
Yrene got up immediately, sensing something was wrong.
"Is everything okay?"
I sat down next to her and took her hand. "Aelin and Dorian are here."
She raised her eyebrows. "Huh? Since when?"
"Since they climbed through the window."
Yrene laughed, and despite the circumstances, I smiled at the sound. I would never grow tired of it.
"What did they want?"
My smile faded. "They're gathering forces to fight against Orcus."
She gasped. "Orcus? The Valg king?!"
I sighed and tightened my grip on her. "That's correct. It appears that he wants revenge for the death of his brothers."
"Brothers? So Erawan and... Mantyx are both dead?"
I nodded and explained the rest to her. Despite the grim news, her brave demeanour never wavered. But I could tell she was worried.
"This definitely isn't good. For those young children to be held captive there... I can't bear to even imagine it."
It was that which confirmed my suspicions on her answer.
"They also are asking for your help against Orcus."
"I have to help if I can," She took my other hand. "They can't stay captive and if I can help to get them away then I will. I can't refuse someone in trouble Chaol!"
I smiled slightly. That was Yrene. Brave, stubborn, selfless and so much more. Even if I kept talking for the rest of my life, I wouldn't be able to describe how perfect she is.
I pulled her onto my lap and rested my forehead on hers. "It's your choice. And I know your answer won't change, but think it over. This isn't something to take lightly."
She closed her eyes, and when she opened them again she stared deeply into mine.
"I understand. This is nothing like before. We're in charge of an entire country, and we're parents."
Her face paled. "Oh Silba..... we're parents!" She pulled away from me and began to pace. "If He went after Aelin's kids, then he must have an even bigger desire to take Josefin! That's why they told us to be careful earlier on! We need to tighten security more than ever!"
She had a point, but I made myself stay calm.  I reached out and steadied her. "What if we send her to stay with the witches? She'll be safer there. And isn't she friends with Dorian's girls anyways?"
Yrene sat back down and rested her head on my shoulder. "You're right. She's good friends with Asterin and Sorscha, and the witches can keep her safe."
"I'll let the others know in a while."
Rowan:
I stepped through the portal and landed in the High Estate's garden with Abraxos in tow. Feyre was keeping watch, and now she stepped back in shock and confusion.
"What the fuck is that and why is it with you?"
I didn't have time to reply before Abraxos started screeching. He must have picked up Manon's scent.
"What the hell? What is it-"
She was cut off as Manon sprinted out of the doorway and flung herself at the Wyvern. They didn't acknowledge us for a full minute as they remained silently embracing each other, Manon with arms and Abraxos with wings.
It was the softest I'd seen her.
When she finally stood up again, she sighed and grudgingly thanked me. Then she turned around and walked away, leading Abraxos behind her. She turned around once. "Next time don't take so long. I was very close to murdering someone on our side."
Then she disappeared around the corner.
Feyre didn't seem to know how to react. I just chuckled and led her back to the house. "Well that's Manon for ya."
She just nodded mutely. I was now realizing I should have told them about Wyverns and that I was bringing one back with me. Especially when we started hearing screams from the other end of the garden.
Oh well.
After getting punched multiple times by everyone who had even scared by Abraxos, *cough* everyone *cough*, I waited impatiently for Aelin and Dorian to return.
When they finally did, they bore good news. After Aelin stepped out of my embrace she explained what happened. It had taken some convincing, but Chaol and Yrene had agreed to help us. They had taken so long because Aelin had to create another portal to transfer Josefin to the wastes to stay with the witches.
It made sense.
For the first time in a while, I went to sleep with hope.
Nehemia:
I was tired. And my wrists hurt. Scratch that, everything hurt. The chains were too tight, I couldn't move at all. It sucked having to stay in the same position 24/7.
And the room wasn't any better. For once I was glad Lyria was blind so she didn't have to see it.
It was dark and dusty, and there were blood stains in multiple locations. I'm pretty sure that was mold growing closer to the odd boy next to me. He hadn't spoken since the first day, and he smelled weird. I mean technically we all smelled weird, but his scent was different from anything I'd come in contact with before.
Lyria had told me she had sensed mother, but nothing had come of it. And who knew how long ago that had been. I knew they would come for us.
They had to. Even if we weren't their children, we were royalty and I was heir to the throne.
I would make it there one day, and I wouldn't let something like this stop me.
But I was starting to lose hope