Finding answers

Chapter 8 Feyre:

Celaena was sprawled on her bed, still wearing her hood low over her face as well as... I smirked. She made herself act so tough, so how would she react when I told her I saw her drooling in her sleep? I bit back a laugh as I imagined her expression. I looked down at the book before me, and my grin faded.

I've been reading for 3 hours now and haven't found anything. Yet when I looked at the book it seemed like it should have taken about 10 minutes to finish it. An hour before, I had thought I saw something, but when I flipped the page back it was gone. Aelin hadn't been lying when she said the book liked to mess with our heads. I glanced at her again. She seemed to be out cold. So I set the book on the table and stuck my head out the window. I calmed down as I breathed in the night air. Tilting my head, I saw the glittering stars up above. I closed my eyes and imagined I was back at night court. Rhys would be standing next to me, holding my hand. How are you darling? He would ask. I'm scared. I would reply. I don't know what to do. I need your help. He smiled and squeezed my hand. I'm sorry. You're too far away. I can't help you. He started to disappear. Wait! I called out. But he was gone.

I opened my eyes and I was back in the inn room.That had felt so real.But it was impossible right? I tugged at the mating bond, but nothing happened. It remained silent. It was still there, but stretched too thin for contact. Sleeping.

I returned to the table and opened the book. I read for hours, but nothing of importance came. Finally I looked out the window and it was dawn. So I walked over to Celaena's still sleeping form and said, "Celaena get up." But she didn't react. So I leaned down and shook her by the shoulders. "Get u-" I was cut off as she bolted upright, grabbed me, and flipped me over her shoulder. I hit the wall behind the bed and crumpled to the floor. Jeez she was strong. I groaned. My left arm was pinned underneath me, and felt like it was on fire. I groaned again, and Celaena peered over the bed at me.

"I'm so sorry! I should've warned you I wouldn't react well to being woken up! Are you okay?"

I reached my good arm up and grabbed her outstretched hand. She pulled me up onto the bed and gave a sigh of relief as she looked me over. "It's just dislocated, don't worry. I've fixed these many times."

My back was to her, so I could feel rather than see as she grabbed my left arm. Even that hurt.

"Although, I've mostly only fixed it on myself..." She mused.

Wait what! I wasn't about to let her do this unless she knew what she was doing. I opened my mouth to tell her as much, but instead of words and scream came out. Celaena yanked my arm back into place. A couple seconds she let go and I whimpered in relief.

"There. That wasn't so bad right?" She chirped.

I rolled over and glared at her. "Did my screams sound like it wasn't bad? Warn me next time you do something like..." I trailed off as I looked her over. Her hood was off revealing her long golden hair. Why would she want to hide that?

"What are you looking at?" She snapped. Then she realized her hood was off and within seconds it was positioned over her head once more. She glared at me, but I could sense she was worried. What was she hiding?

Aelin:

I sat at the table, The Walking Dead open in front of me, but my mind was elsewhere. I regretted throwing Feyre at the wall, but there hadn't been too much damage. Just a dislocated shoulder and some bruises. I had popped her shoulder back in place, but from her screams you would have expected an army of Valg were impaling her or something. Then she had seen me without my hood on. Luckily she was distracted by my hair, and I managed to put it back over my head before she noticed my pointed ears, the telltale sign of Fae.

I shook my head and brought my attention back to the book in front of me. I read a couple more pages, until I recognised one. It was one of the pages I used when I was still Lillian Gordiana. I quickly reread it, and much to my surprise it actually had some useful information. Not everything we needed, but definitely a start. I didn't think it would be that easy to find something, as I'd only been reading for a couple minutes. I quickly wrote down what I needed on a separate piece of paper and returned to reading. It took me around 4 more hours until I found something else. But there it was. The symbols to make a portal.

I stood up. "Feyre wake up! I found something!"