Truths

Chapter 15 Fenrys:

I tried to look fine, like I was listening to Deanna. ButI couldn't move, couldn't breathe.. How was this possible? I would figure this out later. When Feyre had introduced Azriel, our eyes had met, and something had snapped in place.

Tied us together.

A bond.

Aelin:

Deanna sat in one of the empty chairs and said,"Well this will be an interesting story."

"Wait." I cut her off. "First I want to know why Dorian and Manon are here." Deanna looked annoyed, but slouched back.

Manon glanced at me. "We were already on our way to Terrasen, for the thirteen's memorial. When you disappeared with you children Rowan sent us a message, telling us to hurry as fast as we could and get over here. So we did."

Oh. Oh no. How could I have forgotten that the thirteen's memorial was in a week?

Dorian correctly read my expression. "Don't worry about it Aelin. You've had a stressful couple of days, which we will hear about after Deanna is done."

I nodded and gestured for Deanna to continue.

"Okay. So what you might not know is this. Even though I was a goddess, I wasn't actually in your world. I've been trapped here for centuries. A while back, we found the book of breathing, which let me successfully return to your world for a short period of time. Through a Wyrdkey."

I paled. So that was how she possessed me.

"Now I had no idea you were wearing it, or that you had all your power accessible. The Wyrdkey hazed over my common sense, and in that moment I was back to being Deanna, not Amren. You see, gods and goddesses can not feel emotion. But once I was trapped here in this mortal body, I began to experience love and pain and joy. But the Wyrdkey took that all away." She looked sad but continued. "After your mate jumped in your path, I was sent back here. And I am grateful for that. I love this place, my family. When you sealed the lock I was only able to be there because at the same time in our war here, I had found a way to shed my mortal skin and become a goddess again. In that time Mala and I agreed that this wasn't right. She gave you her small bit of power, because she knew you would need it. But when we crossed to the other side, she gave me it all. I kept it contained deep down and never let the others know. We knew that if I stayed as Amren then I would meet you again. That was how I was able to return to this body. My only reason was so that you could one day receive you powers again."

I hadn't realized I was crying until now. We had been so quick to judge her, to believe she was evil. But this entire time she had been fighting. I quickly burned my tears away before anyone noticed. Then I spoke, my head bowed in gratitude. "Thank you Deanna"

She smiled then continued. "When you were falling between worlds, time changed. Our worlds had been in sync but when you were falling another year passed in this world. Then they synced again. When you saw Feyre and Rhys standing on the mountain, that was about 2 years after you sealed the lock."

Interesting.

Deanna-Amren, stood up and left the room, leaving me alone with my court. They looked at me expectantly and I sighed. So I explained all that had occured during my time in Erawail, how I met Feyre, what we learned about our children. In return they told me what they had been up to.

Everyone had left their children with their most trusted nannies while they met at the castle. Then they had tried to find any clue to where we had gone, but were unsuccessful until the portal appeared. By this time it was turning to dusk, so we went to find the dining room.