Portals

Okay so if you want to know my schedule here it is:

I don't actually have a real schedule but I try to write as much as I  can each day. I have to do online school and I usually have a lot of homework, so I have to do that crap first. Depending on how hard my day was I will write more or less. I will try to do a chapter at least once or twice a week.

This chapter isn't the best, the beginning was completely random and I didn't plan it so it's kind of weird. So yeah. Enjoy.

Chapter 12 Aelin:

Shit.

I didn't mean to say that. At least I didn't say I was Fae. Feyre was staring at me with disbelief clear in her eyes. Maybe I could play it cool.

"So it's already getting dark, we should sleep and figure it out tomorrow." She didn't fall for it.

She stood up and glared at me. "Hold up! You expect me to just let that comment slide? I need answers here Celaena!"

Fine. this wasn't going to be easy. I needed to give her an even amount of truths and lies. "3 questions. That's all."

She sat back down with a huff. "Okay so the reason you're so stealthy is because you're an assassin right?"

That was her question? "We-"

She held up her hands. "Wait! Don't answer that. My real question is have you lied to me about other things?"

Crap. "Yes. I meant questions about me being an assassin not this."

"Okay then. Hmmm. Are you currently or previously an assassin?"

"Previously." Just one more question.

She seemed relieved by that answer. "Okay, what is your real name and are you actually a musician?"

That was two questions but okay. I stood up and bowed. "Celaena Sardothien, assassin and pianoforte player, at your service."

"I don't mind you being an assassin. I've done some bad things too."

I was about to snap at her, saying I didn't care what she thought but... I did care. Over these few days this girl had become my friend. Not a close one like Lysandra, but someone who I could trust to help me. So I nodded my head and said, "Thank you." Then I smirked. "So what have you done? I want answers too."

She looked uncomfortable, and I was about to say that she didn't need to tell me, but she replied.

"Well I may have destroyed Tamlin's court from the inside out, ruined his alliance, and broke Ianthe's hand. So they might be a little mad at me."

Nice. So she did have a dark side. Good to know. "Cool. Well anyways, I meant what I said. We should get some sleep. We have to make the portal tomorrow." I slipped beneath the sheets and faced the wall.

"Um where should I sleep?" Feyre asked.

I turned over and gestured to the other side of the bed. She looked at it distrustfully. I snorted. "Oh come on now! We're both married, it's not like I'm gonna make a move on you." She blushed. I turned around and I smirked as I heard Feyre lay down on the couch.

But just before I fell asleep the sheets rustled and I glanced over to see Feyre nestled in the blankets.

"I was cold." Was all she said, then fell asleep.

Feyre:

I stared at Celaena as she slept. Assassin. I was allied with an assassin.

I had meant it when I told her I didn't care about what she was. But it was hard to wrap my head around, even though it made sense. She didn't seem to care about what I had done to Tamlin.

That reassured me somehow. That someone who wasn't part of my court still respected me.

I didn't know what to think of her. She was so confident, assured.

I had originally tried to sleep on the couch, but it was uncomfortable. And for some reason I trusted Celaena. So I slipped beside her and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We woke up early next morning and crept out of the inn. Neither of us mentioned last night. Celeana led me through a maze of alleys and streets, until we reached one of the empty plazas. Celaena brought out her paper of wyrdmarks, but when I reached for mine I couldn't find it.

Crap. Where was it? I looked back at the past days and swore under my breath.

Celaena looked over to me. "What's wrong?"

"I may have lost my paper..." I couldn't let her know I left it in my old clothes. That the man she knew might have it.

"Well you can use this one after I'm done with it." She drew her dagger and sliced her finger open. She didn't even wince at the pain. Then she knelt on the ground and drew the wyrdmarks. She didn't add the last one though, so the portal didn't appear.

She walked over to me, dagger held in her outstretched hand. Oh. I winced as she cut my finger and blood welled. I carefully began to copy the wyrdmarks onto the worn stone.

I was nearly done, so I nodded to her. Then we both drew the last symbol and 2 voids of black appeared.

Aelin:

I stared at the void, tugging on the dormant mating bond, the blood oath, telling Rowan to get the hell over here.

From the looks of it, Feyre was doing the same. She stared hopefully into the swirling black. Then they started to appear. 4 people stepped through her portal, and 6 from mine.

I sagged with relief as I took in Rowan. Then the relief turned to annoyance. He stepped in front of me, and was looking Feyre up and down, assessing her. The man from the mountain, Rhys, was doing the same to me.

Then they noticed each other looking us over and snarled, eyes locking in their latest dominance battle.

"Stop it Rowan. They're our friends." He didn't stop so I Punched him as hard as I could on the arm. "Turn around and kiss me gods damn you!"

He chuckled and turned around. I almost wept when I looked him in the eyes. I had missed him a lot more than I realized.

I don't know who moved first, but suddenly his lips were on mine, my hands around his neck and his cupping my face.

"Buzzard." I whispered, and he chuckled.

"Why aren;t we doing that?" Feyre asked Rhys.

I chuckled and turned to face my court. Aedion, Lysandra, Elide, Lorcan, and Fenrys. I embraced them one by one. But as I met Fenrys and glanced at his face I stopped cold.

"He turned worried. "Are you okay?"

No. I was not okay. Because Now I knew who the shopkeeper was.

Okay, one more thing. My brother wants me to tell you to read his stuff. His username is @WaffleLlama35. I'm just putting this here so he won't bother me.