Figuring more things out

Chapter 21 Aelin:

I was eating a piece of chicken when the idea came to me. I sat straight up, which caused the chicken to lodge in my throat. I choked on it for a minute until I could finally breathe again.

"What's wrong?" Feyre asked.

Everything. But I replied with, "I think I figured it out." Everyone immediately had their attention focused on me. "What if the reason Erawan and Hybern look the same isn't because they are the same, but because they're related?"

My court paled. "You mean the brothers?" Rowan asked and I nodded.

"Exactly. Hybern could be Orcus or Mantyx."

"That is highly possible," Lorcan mused.

Elide was the first to realize the implications of what I said. "You're saying that we did actually kill Erawan aren't you?"

I nodded. Lysandra caught on with a small gasp. "So you think that the man you and Feyre saw isn't Erawan or Hybern, but the third brother."

I frowned in dismay. "And that would mean he's looking for revenge on us killing his brothers."

My entire court looked horrified, while Feyre's court still looked confused.

"You haven't told us everything have you?" Feyre was annoyed. "Explain. Now."

So I did. I told them all about the 3 Valg kings, and how they chased their queen into our world. I explained everything that we learned from Maeve and Erawan until they looked sick to their stomachs.

"Do you have any idea which brother was Hybern?" Rowan asked once I was done explaining to Feyre.

I shook my head. "Since we've only met Erawan it's hard to tell. But I thought of something else as well."

"What? Come on. Spit it out!" Lysandra knew that I wouldn't say anything until asked.

"The name of the town has been bothering me. Erawail. And with this theory I think I know why. Erawa-il. It almost says Erawan. It might be a coincidence, but I don't think so."

"You might be right," Rowan said. "All these clues... I don't think it's a coincidence."

Dorian was pale. "If he's out for revenge, don't you think there's someone else he would go after?"

"What do you mean- shit." I cursed. "Yrene. He'll go after Yrene."

Dorian nodded. "We need to warn them. But we can't have them come here. We already left both our kingdoms without their leaders. We can't leave Adarlan defenseless."

"But what if he goes after Josefin? Then both Terrasen and Adarlan would be without their heirs as well as leaders."

Dorian cursed. "This is bad. This is very bad. How will we warn them?"

"Ahem," Feyre coughed. "Care to explain what you're talking about?"

"Yrene Westfall, queen of Adarlan, is the one who killed Erawan in the end. We're saying that if this brother wants to get revenge, why would he stop at me and you? Wouldn't he want revenge on the one who dealt the killing blow? He could be going after her child Josefin the same way he went after our children. Yrene and Chaol are human. They won't be able to stop him on their own."

"Oh. Oh no. That means he probably would have gone after Elain and Nesta as well if they had children."

Nesta smirked. "He could try. I have Cassain on my side." Cassain puffed up his chest and smiled until Nesta continued with, "I could throw him into that bitch's path to distract him while I escape. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to sacrifice himself for a noble cause."

Feyre snorted and Cassian glared at her.

Well at least the tense moment had passed.

"To answer your question Dorian, it'll be quite easy to warn them. We know how to make fucking portals. You were the king of Adarlan for a while, you should know what symbol would bring us there."

He nodded. "Good point. But if anything goes wrong don't blame me."

"Fine"

Elain:

Everything they were discussing was horrifying. Demon kings and revenge, I would have nightmares for sure. Then Feyre said he might come after me. I shuddered silently, not wanting Feyre or Nesta to know I was frightened.

Both of them had grown so strong, but I remained soft. I might not be the same as before,  but their hardships made them tougher, while mine made me weaker. I hated myself for that. I should be helping them find Suriel, not sitting at home making bread.

Lucky for me dinner ended soon and I could be alone with my thoughts. That is until Lucien followed me into the hallway. I had seen him drinking quite a lot, and he reeked of alcohol. I was about to tell him to take a bath when he started to back me against a wall.

"You shouldn't have had to listen to that," He slurred his words, proving that he was drunk. "Did all that talk frighten you?"

My back hit the wall and I gulped. "I'm fine Lucien, leave me alone." I tried to sound brave, but my voice came out squeaky instead.

His face was dangerously close to mine. "Don't worry,  you're safe with me." I paled and went still as his eyes lowered to my mouth. He leaned closer and whispered, "I'll protect you."

I tried to move away but his hands gripped my arms and pinned me against the wall. His mouth was just about to touch mine when he was suddenly thrown against the opposite wall, and a wave of blonde hair filled my line of sight.

"Get the hell away from her you asshole," Aelin growled at Lucien, who was crumpled against the floor.

Aelin had a dagger in one hand as she stalked up to him. I gulped. I hoped this wouldn't end in bloodshed.

She picked him up and slammed him against the wall. "Never touch a lady without permission." She held him high up and impaled his shirt with her dagger, effectively leaving him stuck to the wall with his feet an inch off the floor.

Damn, she was strong.

She turned to me. "Are you alright?"

I nodded until my voice returned. "Th-thank you. I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't arrived."

She smiled grimly. "Don't worry about it. If I wasn't in somebody else's home this fucker would be bleeding out on the floor by now. He's lucky to get away without any injuries.

I glanced at Lucien, who definitely had a broken arm. Whatever.

I hugged Aelin. "Still, thank you. And... please don't mention this to Feyre or Nesta. Especially Nesta. She doesn't have any qualms about killing, and she has the authority to hurt anyone who touches me. There doesn't need to be any more trouble and tension in this house than there already is."

She patted my head. "You're a good person, Elain. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone, but I'm sure they'll figure it out when they find him hanging here."

I laughed then bowed. "Thanks again!" Then I ran out of there as fast as I could and threw up into the toilet.

I don't think I've ever made a chapter this fast. Yay