Figuring things out

Chapter 2 Aelin:

I was sitting in a small pub I had found not too far away from where I landed. After I tried to find the voices and failed, I had wandered around looking for a place to rest. I had come across this place, a pub called duckling.

I didn't have any idea where I was so this seemed like a good place to find out. All I did was shift into my human form and wander around. I had already ordered and drank 2 cups of ale already, and the others I ordered I poured into a tree next to my seat, so all I had to do was pretend to be drunk, and if I asked weird questions nobody would think of anything out of the ordinary.

I stood and wandered over to a man sitting over by the door. "Excuse me sir" I started, slurring my words. "What town am I in?"

He looked at me. "Erawail of course! The only place for ages."

Useful information. I guess this isn't a popular area. "What continent am I on?" I gave him a lopsided grin.

He looked at me strangely now. "You're on the mainland of course. There aren't any other continents."

I saluted him and stumbled back to my seat. Once he thought I was out of earshot I heard the man mutter to himself. "She's pretty drunk. Maybe I should help her home, I don't want her to get lost. Things can get nasty at night." Then he seemed to change his mind. "She'll be fine. I shouldn't care about what happens to these people."

I walked out and started looking for an inn. I should start gathering more information, but if I asked too many questions in the same area I would alert people that something wasn't right.

But if this went on for too long... I wouldn't hold back anymore. Nobody hurts my family and lives. Even if I didn't have all my former power, I was still an assassin.

And nobody messes with Celeana Sardothien.

Feyre:

I regained consciousness after a while, for now, the sun was setting and not overhead. I slowly got to my feet and felt my head for any blood. Not finding anything wrong, I assumed I fell unconscious from the shock. Either way, I needed to find out where I was before I started to plan anything. I didn't know if Fae were common here, so I tugged my hood low down over my ears.

I wandered around for what seemed like ages until I came across a pub called duckling. My plan was to pretend to get drunk, then ask questions that could be passed off as from a very drunk person. Easy.

Once I entered the room, I immediately ordered some wine and chugged it down even though it tasted like trash compared to the night court's. After that one I just emptied the glasses into the tree next to me, which already seemed soaked with ale. An hour later I staggered out of my seat and made my way over to a man sitting by the door.

"Good evening sir," I gave a clumsy bow. "I am in need of assistance,"

"Oh not again," The man muttered and rolled his eyes. "What do you need?"

Rude. "I was wondering what town I'm in?" That was a harmless question, right?

But the man seemed surprised and annoyed by it. "Why do people keep asking that? We are in Erawail. The only place around for miles! How do you people not know this? Geez."

I don't know what happened here earlier but judging by this man's complaints someone else had been asking questions. That could be who I'm looking for.

"And I guess you have more questions?" Then the man continued in a resigned tone. "We are on the mainland, the only continent in the world."

How did he know that was what I was wondering? As if sensing my thoughts the man explained;

"There was a woman here earlier, asking the same questions as you."

"Yeah, do you know where she went? She's my friend, we're on a research journey and are working together on our project." That should explain my questions.

"She left, mumbling something about finding a place to stay for the night. That's all I can tell you."

Good enough. I thanked the man and left. Then I walked around until I bumped into a gold haired lady. I asked her if she knew a place to stay, and she directed me to an inn called the cobblestone side. Once I got a room I sat down and allowed myself to cry. This had been a hard day. The hardest in 7 years to be precise. I was allowed to be upset.

So I sat on my bed and cried, not knowing where I was, where my son was, or how to get back home.