Found

Woo I've got inspiration again! This chapter might be short but I'm already working on the next one so it should come out soon. 🤩 have fun.

Chapter 40 Lyria:
I heard things. I couldn't quite tell what was happening, but it was something different.
"Nehemia, and other boy."
"What?"
"Something's happening out there."
"Something's always happening out there."
Wow thanks. "That's not what I mean. It's something different."
"What? Is it mom again? Lyria this place is messing with you."
I ignored her and tried to focus. To my surprise, she was actually right.
"It is mom!"
She came for us!
But Nehemia didn't believe it. "Last time it turned out to be nothing. It's the same again. She isn't here."
I refused to believe that. I took a deep breath. Wait... "Dad's here too! And auntie Yrene! They're with two other people."
Now Nehemia seemed to be growing hopeful. "They wouldn't be able to fake all three of them... maybe they are really here!"
For once the other boy spoke. "Who are the other two?"
Hmmmm. When I described them I could sense him growing excited. "Those are my parents! You couldn't have made them up so they really are here to rescue us!"
If only we could let them know we're here. But the room was soundproof. And magic proof.
"I think they're checking every door!"
We waited in anticipation as they drew closer. All the injuries we had, we couldn't feel them anymore. They were washed away.
And then our door opened.
Immediately an alarm sounded, but they didn't seem worried. "Mom!?"
"Lyria! Nehemia! Oh thank god you're okay!"
After a few minutes of tinkering our restraints fell away. Before I hit the ground I was wrapped in mom and dad's arms along with Nehemia.
"I'm so sorry we let this happen."
I clung to them. "It's not your fault. I'm just so so happy you're here now.
Beside us I could tell that the other boy was hugging his own parents.
They were apologizing as well. "I'm so sorry Suriel! I tried to come after you, but it brought me somewhere else, but we've been looking this whole time."
"I know mother. I know you guys were doing your best."
Wow. That was more emotion and more words than he'd ever expressed here.
Sadly our hug was cut short by Yrene.
"Sorry guys, but we should really be going. "
"Right." Mom took my hand tightly. "Lyria, hold on to me. Nehemia stay close. It's going to get messy."
Uh oh. I really didn't like the sound of that.
"Can't we just go home?"
She squeezed my hand. "Sorry darling. We have to finish this. We'll bring you to the portal and get you somewhere safe, but to do that we need to go through some bad things. Just stay close."
We ran through the house until we finally got outside.
Outside.
It was so good to smell fresh air again.
"We need to find Aedion and the others."
Uncle Aedion was here too?
I wasn't really paying attention to anything. There was a lot of noise, and a lot of smells. It was so different compared to our tiny room. It was overwhelming.
Something happened, and I lost my grip on mom's hand. I couldn't tell where she was. Everyone was screaming, and there was so much blood. I couldn't find her scent.
Finally I heard her voice.
"Lyria! Oh thank god. I told you to stay with me! Get over here."
I followed her voice, and luckily enough I didn't bump into anybody.
And then I heard her voice behind me, not in front.
"LYRIA NO! LOOK OUT!"
Then something warm splattered onto my face, and the smell of blood grew thicker.