Chapter 4: Don't Be A Debbie Downer

Photo of Jeremy 

Oceans P.O.V 

After two weeks I was ready to move across the country. Two weeks I have dealt with Levi's constant remarks towards me. The other day I was wearing my favorite sundress. It was yellow  , with a fitted top, that flared out and stopped short at my knees. When I was walking out of my house he made a point of laughing and saying I looked like a giant lemon. In turn, I sprayed him with the garden hose. Then it turned into a full blown water fight, which he won since he was washing his car at the time. It would've been cute except for were not romantically involved. Needless to say, I was late for a lunch date with Liz and she was less than impressed. She hates when someone comes between her and food, Two days after that he dropped his ice cream on me. Everyone on the beach kept staring at the chocolate stain on my shorts. Basically, things continued like that for the past two weeks. He or I would do something to embarrass the other, it was truly a vicious cycle. 

I looked out the window as the rain poured. I sighed heavy and walked to my bedroom. Well, at least I would have a day off from the constant torment. I turned on Netflix and began my binge of movies. Half way through the second movie Liz barged into my room. 

"I KNEW IT! Bingeing on Netflix without me, how could you. As soon as you stopped replying to my texts I knew." Liz stood there shaking her head. "Luckily I forgive easily, as long as you're ordering pizza." She stated as she flung herself on my bed. "Okay, how in the hell did you get into my house? No one is home except for me and I locked the door." Honestly, this girl was scary sometimes. 

She grabbed my popcorn bowl and took a huge handful. I snatched it back and paused the movie. I gave her a pointed look. "What? The side door was unlocked." She shrugged her shoulders. "You're lying, give me the key." I put out my hand and waited for her to place it. I forgot she never returned it when she was house sitting a couple of months ago.

 "Fine, anyway I came here for other reasons than to steal all your food." "and what would that be?" I unpaused the movie and prepared to half listen to her false reasoning for barging into my house. "Well... The other day when I was hanging out with the guys." 

"You didn't invite me!" I paused the movie again and stared her down. "Now hold on a minute! Before you get upset I should state it was for good reason. Levi was there and the guys thought it would be better to avoid the fighting. " She shrugged her shoulders as if it was no big deal. "This is ridiculous, I can't believe my best friends choose Levi over me!" I shouted. "Okay now you're being dramatic, we didn't choose him over you! Not to mention you had to have dinner at your grandma's. " 

"Liz, you guys literally didn't invite me because he was going to be there! I am not being dramatic!" Okay, so sometimes I had a tendency to get a bit dramatic but this was not one of those situations. Even though I may not have been able to hang out anyway a simple invite would've sufficed.  "Look I'm sorry, but in all honesty, we didn't invite him either, he came over because he had an idea for Jeremy." 

"Well, if you had started with that, I wouldn't have flipped my lid." I pointed and sat down again. "Now that you're chilled out can I share this idea Levi had?" "I guess so,"I said with a sigh. "He thought we should do a scavenger hunt! How awesome is that!" It was actually an interesting idea, not that I would ever admit that out loud. "What are we 10? What's his idea of tasks, find two pinecones that look alike? Get a picture of a squirrel?" "Okay, obviously we wouldn't do stupid shit like that! Look just show up at Jeremy's house tomorrow after your shift at work." "Fine" 

^^^  

As promised, I made my way over to Jeremy's house after my shift. When I arrived I could hear laughter coming from the backyard. I went through the back gate and found them all situated on the deck. Jeremy's house was a ten-minute walk from mine and was just outside the gated community. His house was a decent size and he had a backyard filled with green grass. His dad has had this obsession with keeping the grass neat since they got the backyard landscaped a couple years back. I looked up and saw Jeremy had gathered some other people from the senior class. From what I saw the usual people were here, but Lauren, Natalie, Mia, and Courtney had decided to show up. I walked up the steps and took an empty seat beside Levi, to my dismay.