Chapter 20: Blues Clues

Oceanes P.O.V

I woke up to Liz yelling at me to get up and proceeding to burn my retinas by opening all my blinds in my room. I quickly threw the covers over my head and snuggled into the warmth of my comforter. "Oceane you need to get up. You've been wallowing in your room for three days now." Liz said in a loud drill sergeant tone. "Liz it is too early for this! Also, it has been raining the past three days, and I left my room." I huffed out as I snuggled deeper under the covers and wished she would leave me be.

"Going to the kitchen doesn't count as leaving your room. Oceane its time to stop feeling sorry for yourself, get out of bed. You can't spend your entire summer hiding." I sighed, she had a point. I need to stop sulking and move on with my life. Levi probably had, so I had to do the same. "Fine," I said but I didn't move just yet, I figured I could get away with a couple more minutes of sleep.

That thought was ruined as soon as Liz ripped the covers off my bed completely and ran downstairs with them. "Liz, bring my blankets back!" I screamed from my bed, still not willing to move. I waited a minute in hopes Liz would come back. When she didn't I cursed under my breath and got up out of bed. I walked downstairs to the kitchen and saw Liz standing at the counter. I smiled when I saw she had made me pancakes, bacon, and eggs.

"Sorry, but if I didn't do something drastic you would've never come down. Then you would have had a cold meal." Liz said with a smirk. "Alright, you're forgiven, but next time, tell me there's breakfast." I smiled and began eating the surprisingly delicious food. Liz was known for burning all her food, she claimed she liked it that way, but I knew she just couldn't cook without burning something.

"I'm surprised you cooked this without burning it." I said smirking at her. Liz gave me an awkward smile, almost as if she was hiding something. She quickly turned away to grab my comforter off the couch. Before I could question why she was acting weird, she responded. "Well, it's because I know you don't like burnt food. Anyway, I am going to bring this back upstairs while you eat. After you're done you need to shower because you smell like shit." She smiled and walked upstairs.

"Love you too." I called up to her.

Once I finished eating I did as Liz said and showered. She had knocked on the bathroom door to inform me that I also needed to do my hair and make-up because we were going out. I had groaned because I just wasn't in the mood to do myself up. Sadly Liz heard me and told me I better do what she says or she was going to post the snapchats of me snoring to Youtube. I knew she wouldn't do that to me, but at the same time I didn't want to know what she would do instead, so I did what she said.

I did my hair in some light curls and my makeup in a natural look. I wasn't trying to impress anyone, but I didn't want to look like a girl who just spent three days crying. Once I was finished I walked out of my ensuite bathroom, to find Liz nowhere in sight. What the hell? I zeroed in on something lying on my bed. I walked over to see the romper I had been begging Liz to borrow for weeks.

It was a strapless romper that had palm tree leaves and pink flowers patterned on it with a white filling in the empty spaces. It had an overlay at the bust and side pockets. I picked it up off my bed and touched the soft fabric. Without questioning why Liz had left the romper on my bed I ran into the bathroom and changed into. I slid the zipper back up and turned and faced the mirror. I smiled at myself in the mirror; the romper clung to all the right places. I looked good, and I was feeling better too. I walked out of the bathroom, ready to show Liz but she still wasn't there. I walked over to my bed to find that in place of the romper, there was a pair of sandals, a red rose and a small envelope with my name on it. I picked up the envelope and opened it up slowly so I didn't tear the note inside. Once opened, I slipped the note out and began to read.