Chapter 9: Caution Tape My Heart

Oceane's P.O.V

I munched on my burger and stared out the window, "I hope you don't take your dates here," I smirked at him. "No, only the special ones darling," He gave me a cheeky smile. "Oh god, you need to work on you're flirting", I rolled my eyes at him. 

He was about to cut in when my phone started ringing. I pulled out my phone to see Liz was face timing me. 

"Hey, how's it going?" I smiled at her. "It's going well, how are you guys making out." She gave me a smirk. "Ew, we're not making out." I attempted at a lame joke. "Oh shh, don't be silly," She said just as Jeremy popped in. 

"Hey!" Jeremy screamed into the phone. Then he turned to face Liz, "I got the picture, so we can go now" Jeremy said with a smile. 

Even through the phone I could tell Jeremy had a thing for Liz. The way he looked at her was what any girl would dream of. Of course, every time I told this to Liz, she would simply state I was crazy and go on about how he was basically a man whore and would never truly love someone, Then ending it with a simple we're better off friends speech. Honestly, I think she was trying to convince herself more than me. 

Levi cut into the conversation pulling me from my thoughts "What photo?" Levi asked as he yanked the phone out of my hands. 

"Hey, that's my phone, jerk" I said giving him my best glare. 

"Oh you know, just a photo of the hardest thing on the list." Jeremy said with a smirk.  

"I thought the hardest thing on the list was the sand dollar? Which I figured out before anyone." I gave a triumphant smile. 

"You have a point, it took Jason and Lauren two hours to figure it out." Jeremy started snickering. 

"Anyways! We found a guy with a mullet." Liz said with a smile. They were right finding a guy with a mullet these days were slim to none unless you lived in a state that was known for rednecks. 

"Well, were did you find him?" I asked. Levi and I were in the first for now and there was probably no way they would share that information. 

"Actually we found him just in a small town outside of—Ow damn it." Before Liz could finish Jeremy came up and pinched her. "Jeremy what the hell is wrong with you!" She smacked him upside the head, which made Levi and I crack up.

"Liz, you almost just helped them get further ahead!" Jeremy stated has he rubbed the side of his head. 

"Oh, you're right." Liz turned to stare back at the screen. "Shame on you Oceane! I'm going now, see you at the finish line. I still love you for now." Liz said as she quickly ended the call, I rolled my eyes and turned to Levi. 

"Well, I guess we should probably continue," I said as I finished off my burger. 

"Probably, but most of the stuff on the list we have to wait until night to do." Levi had a point and I still needed to figure out a way around the whole mullet thing. 

"Not to mention we need to figure out where to buy caution tape," I said shaking my head as I looked down at the list. 

"What do you mean? Can't we buy it at a craft store or the dollar store?" Levi gave me a duh look. 

"Levi they only sell that during Halloween, the only other people who have it is the cops." I rolled my eyes. "It's not like we can go there, we will easily get caught." I looked at Levi, who had a dazed look on his face. 

"Levi?" I poked him. 

"I have a great idea!" He stated and then started up the car. He quickly peeled out of the parking lot like a mad man.