Chapter 13: Firefighters? Yes Please ;)

Chapter 13: Firefighters? Yes please ;)

This chapter is dedicated to Tiffany, because I couldn't resist making your story immortalized in a book. Thank-you for never making life a dull moment.

Oceane's P.O.V

I woke up to something licking my nose. I figured it was just Levi being stupid. I slowly opened my eye lids and looked into a deep set of brown eyes. Suddenly my heart stopped, and I couldn't move. The fox continued to lick my nose as if it was melting ice cream. I wanted to let out a scream worthy of any horror movie, but I was to scared to do anything. The fox looked to be a baby, which meant the mother had to be near by. She wouldn't be to happy.

Beside me I felt Levi tighten his arms around me and his head snuggle into my neck. "Levi." I hissed. I waited patiently for a reply, but nothing came. "Levi." I gave him a swift kick in the leg. Levi quickly sat up. "Where's the fire?" "Help me." I hissed. I didn't want to make any sudden movements that would scare the fox. The last thing I needed was a fox eating me for breakfast, considering he seemed to be enjoying the taste of my nose.

I looked from the corner of my eyes to see Levi sitting there shocked. Boy scout for two years my ass. "Don't move a muscle." Levi slowly started to move his hands towards his pocket of his pants. I let out a breath of relief. I felt the fox move onto licking my cheek. I turned my attention back to Levi and watched as he pulled out his phone and began snapping pictures.

"Levi what the hell!" I whispered yelled. I watched as he began laughing uncontrollably. "Oh god, this is gold! We can use this to prove we slept in the forest." Levi said in between fits of laughter. "I hate you." I said through gritted teeth.

"Chill, just stand up and it will run off." Levi said waving his hand as he typed away on his phone. "Are you kidding. You son of a —" Levi cut me off smirking. "Tisk tisk. Its unlady like to swear darling." Levi waved his finger at me in a back and forth motion. I stood quickly and smacked his waving hand.

"See was that so hard? It was just a harmless fox." He snickered as he began packing up the sleeping bag. "Harmless? It probably had rabies or worse!" I said throwing my hands up in the air. I watched as Levi shook his head and chuckled. "You're being dramatic."

"Whatever." I turned and grabbed my bag off the forest floor. I was not being dramatic, obviously Levi had been watching to many animal videos on Facebook.

Once situated back in the Jeep we decided to head back to Sandy Bay to complete the list. Levi had somehow managed to claim the drivers seat, but in all honesty I preferred when he drove. It was only seven in the morning, which meant we only got four hours of sleep. I was exhausted and needed a nap, Levi however was as chipper as a freaking bird in the morning.

"Is it okay if I nap till we get home?" I asked with a sweet smile. Levi gave me a quick glance before focusing back on the road. "How are you still tired?" He asked shaking his head. "How are you not? We only got four hours of sleep!" If he wasn't driving I would have smacked him. "I don't know, I'm just not." He shrugged his shoulders like it was the most normal thing.

"Well, don't go to sleep just yet. Let's see how our crime scene looks." Levi gave me a wink and then turned onto main street.

***

The coffee shop was located on the corner of main street. On the outside it was painted green and had more windows then walls. Above the coffee shop was a small apartment that the owners lived in. It was absolutely chaotic outside the coffee shop. Levi parked the Jeep in a plaza parking lot across the street. We decided to watched from inside the safety of the Jeep. We watched as people crowded around the coffee shop. Now that it wasn't dark I was able to truly see our master piece. The caution tape was taped from the front entrance of the coffee shop, to the adjoining clothing shop. The chalk outline was placed in the middle of the mess. I watched as the on lookers, displayed the same perplexed look on their faces. I laughed as they pointed at various things and shook their heads.