Chapter 5: The Hunt Is On

Photo of Jason

Oceane's P.O.V 

Day 1: Friday 8:00am

It was Friday and undoubtedly the hottest day of the summer. So what was I doing? Sitting by the ocean getting a tan and drinking endless amounts of sweet tea? No, I was at the park waiting to start this scavenger hunt, while everyone debated back and forth about this bet.

"I am not getting feathered and walking down the main street!" Courtney said while touching her hair. "I agree, I just got my hair done," Liz said. "Oh, I know! We can-" I cut Jeremy off knowing his answer already. "We are not streaking!" I gave him a look. 

With Jeremy, everything always led to some sort of stripping. I loved Jeremy to death, he was like a brother, but he was a huge player among the girls at school. "You're no fun, O" Jeremy said with a pout. I just shook my head in response. Jeremy and Liz had recently thought it would be fun to start calling me O. They said I needed a nickname and since my name couldn't be shortened, O it was. Plus Jeremy kept calling me wave like Levi and I swore I would dunk his head in a toilet if he did it again.

"Look someone needs to come up with something, were wasting time." I was getting absolutely frustrated. We had been standing here for over an hour fighting on this issue. "I have one, whichever team loses, the first day of school the male partner has to dress in drag. The girl has to profess her undying love for Principal Bradley." Jeremy said with a smirk. I sat there with my jaw dropped. The fact Jeremy had come up with the bet was shocking enough, but even more shocking thing was people were agreeing with it. "I guess we have our bet then. Everyone spit shake on it." Jason said holding out his hand.

All the boys spat in their hands and held it out. I exchanged looks with the rest of the girls. "ugh, really guys, what are you 5? Do we really need to spit shake on this?" I said giving them my best pout. "Yes, we have too!" Liam said with a smile. I instantly melted. Why is he so cute? "Fine" I nodded my head and spit in my hand.

After loads of hand sanitizer, Liz and Jeremy read of the partners. Liz began calling out the names. I slowly prayed I would be partners with Liam. "Courtney and James, Natalie and Lucas, Mia and Liam" My heart stopped when I heard that Liam was partnered with Mia. It was nothing against Mia, I just wanted to be his partner. "Lauren and Jason, Jeremy and I, and Oceane and Levi," Liz said with a smile and ran over to Jeremy.

I actually facepalmed when I heard who I was partnered with. I thought it was some kind of joke at first. Though Liz running to Jeremy was a dead giveaway, that it wasn't. How could it even be possible? I groaned and tried to count to ten. I grabbed Liz and pulled her aside.

"You're not serious!" I whispered to Liv. Counting to ten never works, not to mention my tendency to be over dramatic. "I'm sorry, look it just happened" Liv gave a half smile. "That's a load of shit! You guys totally left me out to dry" I whispered and used my angriest tone. "We picked out of a hat!" Liv shot back. "There is no way in hell I'm working with that prick," I said as my voice began to raise. "You can't back out now. We all promised to do it not matter what. Otherwise, you automatically lose. Do you really want to lose this bet?" She gave me a pointed look. "Fine, but if I commit murder it's on you!" I grabbed the printout of the task list and stalked off to where Levi stood with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Levi" I gave a sneer. "Wave" He gave me a smug smile. Ugh, we were going to lose big time. "Look, I think we need to make a truce. I personally don't want to express the nonexistent love for our principal. I also highly doubt that you want to be remembered as the kid who showed up in drag on his first day." I gave him a pointed look. "Fine, spit shake on it?" He smirked at me. "Ugh, you're truly impossible!" I huffed out and faced the rest of the group, who were all staring.