Chapter 1: Hottest Gossip in Town

Chapter 1

Picture of Oceane!

Oceanes P.O.V.

Traffic, traffic and more traffic. I pounded my head on the steering wheel. Two weeks into summer and the damn tourist kept flowing in. All I want is to go home and relax on the beach. This summer was already starting to suck. Between the tourist taking up half the beach and not one party I was wishing summer would already end and senior year would start. 

 I finally turned off the main road towards my house. As I drove down my street I glanced towards the beach. The waves were rolling in at the perfect height. I could not wait to surf in them. It was the perfect way to unwind after having to deal with countless tourist. Once I arrived home I ran upstairs without a second to waste. I quickly changed and ran through the kitchen.

"No hello?" My dad asked as he stood blocking the sliding door. Seconds of relaxation was in my reach. Recently this was the game my dad and I played when I arrived home from work."Dad! Please we play this game every day!" I whined.

"Well, we wouldn't do this every day if you just said hello, and talked to me for a bit before running off to the waves" Ever since he started reading those chicken soup for the soul books or whatever there called, he was obsessed with having opening talks. He kept saying I was at a crucial stage in my life and we needed an open relationship.

"Sorry dad, I promise to talk to you once I'm done surfing. I just need to unwind" I gave him my best smile. "Alright, don't be long were having dinner early!" he shouted as I ran out the door.          

***

I relaxed on our private beach after surfing for an hour. I was feeling so blessed at this moment for this beach. Only the people within the gated community could use this section of the beach, which meant no tourist. I let a small sign escape my lips. My parents won the lottery when I was just 2 years old. My parents kept their jobs though, saying just because were millionaires doesn't mean we stop working. Then when my mom got sick with cancer 6 years ago and passed away. My dad decided to use some of the money to buy a house with a beach in the backyard, just like my mom had always said she would do when she beat cancer. She loved the ocean and would spend countless hours staring out at it. She always said the waves crashing soothed her, I couldn't help but agree with her.

Suddenly a cold splash of water woke me from my thoughts. "Eli! You're going to pay" I screamed. Just as I stood and turned around to punch my devil spawn brother I was hit with another cold blast of water. I wiped my eyes and watched as my brother ran up to the patio steps. I turned and fell back into my chair. If it was games he wanted to play, I could play them to. I knew if I didn't retaliate he would get annoyed and try something else. That was when I would get him back.

***

After throwing satan's offspring into the ocean clothes and all, then getting a "stern" talking to with my dad, I went to my best friend Liv's house for a movie night. We were getting into our second movie when I started to get hungry.

"Okay, popcorn break?" I asked jumping off the bed. "Yeah" Liv led the way to the kitchen. "So did you hear about Mrs. Lee's house?" Liv asked as she threw the popcorn bag in the microwave. Of course Liv knew about my recently deceased neighbours house before I did.  Liv knew all the town gossip. If there was a gossip girl of Sandy Bay it would be her.

"No, whats happening to it?" "Not whats happening to it, but who's moving in!" Liv said with excitement. It was pretty exciting news, no one ever moved here. To be honest when Mrs.Lee died, I figured the house would stay vacant forever. "Apparently, it's her great grandson and his kids! Or at least thats what Penny told me, and her mom who did the will for Mrs.Lee told her," Liv pulled out the popcorn. I began laughing and shook my head. Liv really needed to stop going to the coffee shop to hear gossip.

"Sweetie after this movie we need to talk about your coffee habits" I said while we travelled upstairs. All I could do was hope that these neighbours were as kind and quiet as Mrs. Lee.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! new story I'm trying out. There probably is alot of spelling and grammer mistakes because this is not edited, I will do that when the book is finished. I'm doing this story in the P.O.V of the two main characters Oceane and Levi. So the chapters may end up being longer or shorter depending on how much I want to write. I'm always looking for feedback so please give me some! I promise to update as soon as possible. Contuining this story depends you and your love for it, as well as if I don't get major writers block.  

I am also looking for SUGGESTIONS on what you would like to see on the SCAVENGER HUNT LIST! please comment or message me your ideas! If I choose your suggest I will put dedication at the beginning of the chapter where the list begins! Please keep reading and show your friends.