Chapter 7: Spa Day

Chapter 7: Spa Day 

Photo of Liam

Oceane's POV

Day 1: Friday 11:00am

Levi had been spending the last five minutes begging me to tell him the reason for going to the spa. I gave him directions and nothing else. The fight was behind us, but I still wanted to get payback. "Please Wave!" Levi pleaded and gave me the puppy dog look. "You would think you would use my name." I shook my head and continued to stare out the window. "I thought it was like my cute pet name for you." He gave me a cheeky smile. 

I tried not to smile. He was making it hard for me to stay mad. "Come on, you can't still be mad? We fight all the time." He nudged me and I stayed silent. I needed to hold my ground. "Turn right at the stop sign. It's your first left." I kept my eyes glued to the road. We pulled into Daisies Spa and I hopped out. Daisies spa was the only one in town. It wasn't the hidden gem of the town that's for sure, but it's the best we have. 

I hadn't been here since my mom had passed away. She used to take me here all the time for girls days. The first time I got my heart broken she let me skip school and brought me here. I sucked in a sharp breath. I was not going to cry, I promised her I would never cry for her. She wanted me to only smile at her memories and I had kept my word. I wasn't going to break it now. 

Levi stepped beside me. "Are you okay? You look kind of pale." Levi actually looked concerned, which was surprising. I nodded in response and opened the door. I was hit with a strong scent of lavender. "Hello, Oceane!" Maddy whispered yelled. Maddy was the daughter of the owner. She was the same age as me. She usually hung out with all the cheerleaders, which means she was perky beyond belief. Not to stereotype her, but she really is. I have never seen her not smiling. Don't get me wrong, I love that she is upbeat but I mean come on, she has to be battling some secret demons. 

"Hey," I gave her a smile. "Wow, I haven't seen you in here since your mom..." She stopped short. "Oh, I'm so sorry." She looked down. "It's okay, I need a wax." I gave her a smile. "Oh okay. Handsome you can sit down over there, there is also some Men's Health magazines on the table." She smiled at Levi. He nodded and began walking to the couch. I quickly grabbed his shirt and pulled him back. "I forgot to say the wax wasn't for me." I gave an evil smile towards Maddy. "Oh, um who's it for?" She gave me a curious expression. 

I gave a small laugh. "It's for Levi, you see he's a little embarrassed about his chest hair." I gave a sympathetic smile. "I hate you." Levi whispered. "Oh, it will be our secret then." Maddy gave a wink. "Follow me and we will get you set up. Oceane are you coming in?" Maddy asked as she began walking to the room. "Oh, I wouldn't miss this for the world." I smirked at Levi. "You're going to pay." Levi grumbled. 

***

"So just lay down and relax. Sally will be in here in a second." Maddy gave Levi a shy smile. You have got to be kidding me, is this what senior year was going to be like? Half the girls in the senior class throwing themselves at him. I rolled my eyes as Levi gave her a wink. "Alright, darling." Levi really knew how to turn up his accent. I felt a slight ping of jealousy. I pushed it aside, there's no way I was jealous. Maddy giggled and quietly shut the door. 

"Really" I rolled my eyes. "Someone is jealous." Levi smirked and I let out a laugh. "Please me jealous? What would I have to be jealous about?" I looked at Levi. I thought I saw a flash of hurt across his face, but as quickly as I saw it, it was gone. 

"So what did she mean that you haven't been here since your mom?" I stiffed quickly. I honestly thought he knew. Was it wrong I wanted to hold onto that for a while? To avoid the pity look he would give me. He was the only one who didn't apologize if they slipped up. Even if it was Levi, it was nice for a change. Luckily Sally came in before I had to answer. 

"Alright, well you don't have much chest hair. This should only take a couple of minutes." Sally gave him a warm smile. I pulled out my phone and began taping. She began putting the first wax strip on. "Ready?" Sally gave a smile at Levi. He nodded and was beginning to look a little pale. Sally quickly pulled off the wax strip. I held in the urge to laugh. Levi was one tough cowboy, he didn't make a sound. Although his lip was beginning to bleed. 

Sally put on the seconded wax strip. Suddenly Levi grabbed my hand in a tight grip. His hands were clammy. I couldn't help the smile spread across my face, it was cute. 

Sally finally finished. "You're all done, just go out to Maddy to pay." Sally smiled and left the room. Levi continued holding my hand. I took a photo of him laying there staring up at the ceiling. He finally stood up letting go of my hand. I got the slightest feeling of sadness when he let my hand go.

"Feeling less self-conscious?" Maddy asked when we walked up to pay. "Yeah" He gave her a warm smile. "That's good." She gave him a shy smile. I was suddenly itching to get out of here. I needed to get out before I had a panic attack. "I'm going to meet you in the car." Before Levi could answer I bolted.  Once outside I let out a huge breath, I didn't  realize I was holding in. I wasn't sure why I suddenly felt the urge to get out of there.  

I calmly walked to the car and waited for Levi to come out. Finally, he came striding out like his cocky self. "What made you bolt so fast?" Levi asked as he hopped into the driver's seat. Why I was still allowing him to drive my car, I didn't understand. I looked down at his phone and saw him typing in Maddy's name into the contact information. "I see you got her number," I said in a bitter tone. "Yeah, anyway, where to next?" Levi stared at me. 

I couldn't help noticing his eyes. They were hazel, but when the sun hit them they almost looked gold. I smiled and looked down at the task sheet. "Well, how do you feel about stealing a church sign?" I gave him a smile. "Point the way darling," Levi smiled and started the car.