Chapter 19: Rainy Days

Oceane's P.O.V

I'm not sure how long I had been running, but I was sure that a million rocks were now lodged into my feet, and they would be swollen for days. I was also sure that my feet were blacker then my dress I had on. I stopped running and took a look at my surroundings. Somehow I had ran all the way across town and was now staring up at the Graveyard sign.

After catching my breath I slipped on my high heels and walked inside. The morning dew, that usually glistened in the early morning sun, was beginning to fade. The only sound heard throughout the graveyard was the chirping of birds from various trees. I walked slowly to where I promised myself I wouldn't go because I knew what would happen. I dropped down in front of her grave. I wiped my face to make myself more presentable, as if she could see me.

"Hey mom." I said as I felt my throat clogged with tears. I sucked them back and continued. "I'm not having the best of day's today and I could really use one of your life talks. With a side of hugs." I laughed in spite of myself. "Eli is being more terrorizing then usual, and Dad is reading those chicken for soup novels again and he finally went on a date. Obviously, me being me I had to go all dramatic and probably ruined him ever dating again. Me, I'm falling for a guy who has no interest in me, again." I shook my head. "You know I miss you, and Its unfair you asked me to keep all these stupid promises! I'm sorry, but I can't keep all the promises you wanted me to keep." With that, I let myself break the one promise I said I would keep to her. I broke down and cried for my mom.

The sun was beating on my back by the time I composed myself, and I was grateful no one had come into the cemetery yet. I wiped my puff eyes, and let out a shaky breath. I surprisingly felt better, not about the Levi situation but about my mom. Maybe all I needed was a long hard cry. Maybe I needed to stop running from the situation and accept that it happened and try to move on. I smiled at my realization and stood up. I walked over to where some flowers were growing and looked around. After confirming no one was around I picked the flowers and placed them at my moms grave. "Goodbye mom."

***

I walked into the house and walked over to the fridge freezer. There was a plus side to dad reading chicken noodle soup novels, he always stocks up on ice cream for emergency's such as this. I grabbed one of the small tubs of vanilla ice cream and a spoon. The house was dead silent so either no one was home or Eli was hiding waiting to scare me.

I walked slowly up the stairs avoiding the spots where the floor creaked. If Eli was planning on scaring me, he wouldn't know I was coming. I checked his usual hiding spots, which were all coming up empty. I gave up and made my way to my room. As I walked past his bedroom I looked to see that the door open and him no where to be found. I guess I had the house to myself.

I walked into my room and flopped onto my bed with a thud. I listened as a slow patter began and watched my window fill with droplets. I let out a sigh, and walked over to the window to close it. As I did, I looked outside to see Levi and his father struggling to take down their patio umbrella.

I felt the urge to cry again as I watch Levi, who seem so unaffected by today's earlier events. I was about to turn from the window when Levi looked up at my window where I was standing. We locked eyes and he gave a hopeful smile. I gave him a stone faced expression and shut my blinds on his smiling face. I hoped being outside gave him a nasty cold that lasted all summer.

I let out a deep breath I didn't realize I was holding. I switched on my T.V and put on my favourite movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's. I checked my phone to see I had no new messages, I sighed and switched my phone onto do not disturb. I placed it back on the table and tried to relax into my bed and began stuffing my face with vanilla ice cream.