Epilogue

Epilogue

Oceane's P.O.V

September 5, 2016

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and laughter coming from the kitchen. It was the first day of senior year, so I quickly got ready and headed downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to find my dad's girlfriend Nancy cooking pancakes and my dad setting the table. My dad finally started bringing Nancy around once he confirmed that Eli would be okay with it. Nancy is my aunt's best friend and is a widow as well. It was awkward at first when Nancy started hanging around because Nancy was trying really hard not to come off like she was replacing my mom. Once my dad assured her no one, especially me, was going to have a meltdown and scream at her, she began coming out of her shell. She has even been taking me shopping, which includes my dad's credit card and a lot of sh just tell him we got it on sale.

I quickly ate and race out the door, not wanting to be late for my first day. "Oceane, tell Jim I said hello." I roll my eyes and head out the door. Levi's Dad and mine are basically best friends and are always planning family get-togethers, which consist of football and anything that can be cooked on a barbecue. I walk out to find Levi leaning against my Jeep, scrolling his phone. I instantly burst out laughing when I see what he's wearing. He looks up and glares at me. "It's not funny, my parents had a long discussion with me about how they love and support me," Levi grumbled out. Levi was sporting almost all of my clothing, except for my undergarments. He had on a pair of female jean shorts, a strapless grey top with layers of frills, and a white cardigan. I had given him older clothes because I didn't want him stretching out any of my new clothes.

"I don't know why you're laughing. You have to still profess your love to the principle." Levi said with a smirk. Levi and I had spent the whole summer trying to persuade everyone to let us off the hook with the bet. I gave him a grim look and pulled out of the driveway. We arrived at school in record time, with Levi constantly stating he was driving home, to which I responded I am not a bad driver.

Levi leaned over to give me a kiss. Suddenly there was banging on my car window making me jump.I looked over to find Liz and Jeremy smirking at us. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Levi, who was already getting out of the car. I got out and could hear Jeremy and Liz snickering at Levi's outfit. "I hate you guy's," Levi said as he slung a purse I let him borrow, over his shoulder. This only made Jeremy and Liz crack up more, and I couldn't help but laugh too. I grabbed Levi's hands as we approached the front door to the school. I looked back to see Jeremy and Liz whispering to each other and smiling. They were both still denying that they had feelings for one another, but I was beginning to think it was a front. I made a mental note to corner Liz and find out if she was hiding anything. 

As we walked through the school all eyes were on us. Probably due to the fact that my boyfriend was dressed in women's clothing. Luckily for Levi and myself, most of the school had heard about the bet and laughed as we walked by. A select few who hadn't heard were giving us weird looks. We met up with everyone else at my locker. Once everyone had composed themselves from laughing at Levi, they handed me my script for my confession announcement. I sighed and heard the first bell ring signalling that I needed to head down to the office.   

"Well, that's my cue." I sighed and gave a pout. "You're not getting out of this O, now go." Jeremy said. Levi gave my hand a squeeze before letting me walk the path to social suicide. I had almost made it to the office without being stopped, someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned to face Liam. He hadn't been with the group this morning. After the scavenger hunt was over I hadn't seen much of him around. I heard that something had happened between him and Jeremy but Levi wouldn't tell me.  

"Hey O, how have you been?" He gave me one of his award winning smiles, although now closer up I realized it wasn't as spectacular as I once thought. "Pretty good, how about you? I haven't seen you around much recently." I said, mostly digging for answers as to why, but knowing Liam he would never spill something that would ruin his image. "Oh yeah, well I was busy with stuff. I heard you and Levi are together now." I nodded my head in response and shifted my eyes to my watch. This conversation was making me feel uncomfortable and I didn't have the slightest clue as to why. "Who would've seen that coming, you guys hated each other and I thought you always had a thing for me." I met his eyes at the last part of his sentenced.  "Yeah, well you can't always believe what you hear. Anyway, it was nice catching up with you but as you know I have to go complete my punishment for losing the bet." I smiled and turned away.  

Liam called from behind me as I reached the office. "When Levi dumps you, you know where to find me." I shook me head and turned back. "You mean if he dumps me. Also, I heard a rumor you contracted a nasty disease, I know you shouldn't believe everything you hear but who wants to take the chance, you know?" I yelled out loud enough for a couple of freshmen to hear. Without waiting for a response I went into the office, just as the final warning bell rang.  

"Hello Oceane, what brings you down here." Mrs. Klein asked. "I have an announcement for the school." I said with a weak smile. I was already ashamed. "Oh, well your just in time. Just head on back first door to the left." I smiled and nodded my head.  

I walked in to see the usual morning announcement group, Myles, Lydia, and Devin. As I walked in they all turned and stared, then Myles broke into a smile. "So the rumours are true then." Myles chuckled. I nodded my head and felt my face blushing. "We'll let you go last so you don't ruin the rest of the announcements." Lydia said and returned to setting up the microphone. "Don't mind her, she's just grumpy in the morning." Devin said and began finishing setting up.  

Soon the announcements were underway and in no time it was my turn to go. "We would like to now hand the mic over to Oceane for a special announcement." Myles said and smirked at me. I grabbed the mic and began reading my prewritten out confession. "Hello everyone my name is Oceane Kinder, and I'm a senior here at Sandy Bay High School. I come to you with a confession that I have been holding in since I was just a freshman. I am in love with principle Bradley. Thank-you and have a wonderful first day" I quickly ran out of the office hoping to avoid the principle.  

I was halfway out the door when he yelled out my name. "Oceane! Get in my office now." I sighed and followed him in.  After an awkward conversation with the principle and my very confused father, I was finally at lunch with my friends. "So you had to sign a document swearing that you weren't in love with the principle and that he never did anything to provoke these feelings." Natalie said as everyone began laughing.  

"ha-ha very funny guys, now I have a month of detention, plus I have to do the announcements for the rest of the year." Everyone began to laugh again. I turned to Levi. "We are never doing anything that involved bets again." "Agreed," He said. Apparently he was able to persuade everyone to let him change at lunch and now he was back in his regular clothes.  

Everyone returned to chatting about their summers and I gazed around the cafe. Liz and Jeremy looked to be in a heated discussion by the vending machines, which I assumed had to do with their feelings for each other that they were still denying. I gazed across the table at Courtney and Jason who were discussing who would throw the first party of the school year. Across the cafe, Liam looked like he was hitting on an innocent freshman, while various school clubs were trying to persuade people to join them. Levi grabbed my hand pulling me out of my daze and making me smile a wide grin. He leaned over and gave me a soft kiss on my forehead. I sighed and smiled up at him. I had no clue what senior year had in store for us or what would happen in the future but I didn't care because right now I was happy and that's all that matters.