Chapter 18: Lock Down

Oceane's P.O.V

The lights from the cop cars flashed, letting everyone know who was walking down main street that something was happening. A crowd had formed outside the restaurant and I should have been embarrassed but I wasn't. All I kept thinking about was that kiss. I looked over at Levi being put into the cop car and sighed.

"Oceane? Are you listening to me?" My dads best friend asked, who unfortunately is on the police force. "Sorry Dave." I said and hung my head. "I don't know if this is you acting out because you dad has finally gone on a date and you thought by doing this you would ruin it or—" "Wait a date?" "I thought you knew, look I'm sorry but I'm going to have to call him. You're lucky that the owner agreed not to press charges, or that none of the tourists are. We need the tourists to keep this town afloat." I looked over at Levi again, he was now in the cop car and looking out the window towards me. I turned back to Dave. "It wasn't Levi's fault. I started the food fight, so please just take him home." "I wish I could Oceane, but he didn't try and stop you that makes him an accomplice."

I nodded in response and slipped into the back of the cop car, hoping the discussion would end and I could move onto seeing my father, who would no doubt be fuming when he was informed of what had happened. My dad going on a date didn't upset me, my mom had told him she wanted him to be happy and move on from her. Then she had a discussion with my about it, she asked me that if he ever brought another person into his life to treat her with respect. I had seen enough shows and movies to know that treating a step parent with disrespect never works, and in the end they aren't trying to replace your parent. Though I told her I would never love this new women as much as I loved her. She smiled and simply said I know.

Once we arrived at the station I looked around the parking lot and spotting my dads car parked. I cursed knowing Dave probably texted him before heading to the station. I walked through the door of the station and saw my dad standing there with his arms crossed and a look that can only be described as angry with a hint of disappointment thrown in.

I gave my dad a small smile, which was probably not the best way to greet an angry faced father. "Oceane Marie Kinder, I can't believe you did this. What possessed you to start a food fight in a tourist restaurant." "Please dad, Dave already gave me this lecture and I just want to go home and sleep." "Oh, you're not going home tonight. You get to spend the night in the cell as part of your punishment."

I stared at my dad and waited for him to say just kidding, but those words never left his mouth. A minute past with us just staring at each other and I raised my eyebrows willing my dad to speak. "You're serious?" I finally said. My annoyance was building, I mean I get why he's upset, but he's actually going to let them throw me in a cell overnight, plus probably ground me. "I'm dead serious Oceane, you could've caused alot of damage with the stunt you pulled."

I rolled my eyes. "Stunt I pulled, you were out on a date and didn't even care to inform your children." I knew it was a low blow but I didn't care, I was angry that I had to spend the night here. I watched my dads face as it shifted from anger to hurt and I knew I had struck a cord. I walked away before I could start to feel bad for what I had said.

Dave closed the cell door and told me to call for officer Robinson if I had any issues.I turned and looked at my accommodations for the night. The cell was painted white and had a small bed that looked like it was more springs then mattress and had unidentifiable stains on it. There was a toilet placed on the far wall. Guess I'm not using the washroom tonight.

Now alone with my thoughts, I was fully able to process the fact that I didn't see Levi get dropped off here or pulled into his own cell. His parents weren't as crazy as my father obviously was, and knew a child shouldn't be locked up in a cell for something as minor as disturbing the peace.