Chapter 6: Dash Down Main Street

Photo of Lucas

Levi P.O.V 

Day 1: Friday 10:00am

"From now on I'm driving. I don't feel like facing death for the fifth time today." I smirked and held out my hands for the keys. "No, you're not driving my baby!" She held onto the keys tighter. "You shouldn't be driving." She rolled her eyes in response. 

"Please, Did you die? Plus I never see you drive. Do you even have your license?"  She crossed her arms and smirked. "Of course, I can. What just because I enjoy walking everywhere, you're going to assume I can't drive?" She was going to literally drive me to drink. The girl was stubborn like a bull. "Whatever, you're still not driving." 

I made a move to grab the keys. She quickly stuffed them in her bra. Did she really think I wouldn't go down there? I mean my life was at stake with her behind the wheel. I would rather touch her boob then let her drive me anywhere again. "Do you really think I have a problem going down your shirt?" I smirked at her. "Yeah, I would think so! Since you're a southern gentleman, sort of. Doesn't it go against some weird morals you have?" 

She looked at me wide-eyed as I inch closer to her. I could tell I was making her uncomfortable, which I was enjoying. "Oh darling, you should know by now, I'm no southern gentleman." I laid the accent on thick and made sure our faces were an inch apart. She looked cute when she was uncomfortable. I had to fight the weird urge I was having to kiss her. The way she was biting her lip was driving me crazy. I shook my head clearing away the weird thoughts.  I quickly snaked my hand up her shirt and grabbed the keys from her bra. 

She seemed to stunned to move. So I leaned in close to whisper in her ear. "Now, what's next on the task sheet, wave." I gave her a wink and hopped into the jeep. 

*** 

Oceane's P.O.V 

I was too stunned to move. My thoughts were jumbled and I had no way to process them. All my thoughts kept going to the fact that Levi had indeed gone up my shirt. Not to mention how hot it sounded when he said, darling. I also would be lying if I said I didn't slightly shiver when he whispered in my ear as well. The odd part was I had the slightest urge to kiss him. I'm not sure what is wrong with me, but I'm willing to bet it was the ice cream I had for breakfast. 

I shook my head forcefully and hopped into my car. "So what's next?" Levi asked starting up the car. "Well, I guess we can dress up a fire hydrant." I shrugged my shoulders and posted our photo on Instagram of the sand dollar. "Okay, well there's one just up the road." Levi started the car. "Why don't we walk since you love it so much?" I smirked and he gave me a glare. "Because we have already wasted enough time bickering to walk." He glared at me. 

"Fine, we will walk but I'm keeping the keys." He hopped out of the car and began walking. "Really, that was a waste of time!" I said running to catch up to him. "No, a waste of time is staring at Liam, when he obviously has not the slightest interest in you that way!" Levi kept his eyes trained ahead. 

His words struck a cord, and I wasn't sure why. I guess maybe because I always knew pining over Liam was silly. Even if it was true, Levi didn't need to be so rude. "I'm not sure what you're talking about." I huffed and walked ahead. I was not going to let him see how much he bothered me. "Pretend all you want, but I saw you staring at him. Not to mention that you practically jumped out of your seat, when someone mentioned boy and girl teams." Levi smirked at me. I choose not to respond and kept quiet till we reached the fire hydrant. 

The fire hydrant was centred in the middle of the street. The street was starting to fill up with tourist and townies. "Well, quit staring at it and let's get started." Levi stood on across from me. Suddenly something dawned on me. I had completely forgotten a set of ratty clothes to place on the fire hydrant. "Oh no," I smiled meekly. "What?" Levi suddenly looked panic. "I may have forgotten to pack the clothes." Levi threw his hands in the air and walked in circles. I had to try not to laugh. He looked like a dog trying to find a place to pee.