CHAPTER 28

Ash and team are on their way to Sycamore Summer Camp, along with Paul, Ash's rival from Sinnoh and Miette, Serena's friend. Korrina also wanted to travel along with ourheroes but decided that they would meet up after their summer camp, as she had to take care of the gym as well.

        "I still can't believe you of all people are interested in Summer Camp ", Ash said to Paul, who didn't seem to like it and rebuked, "am I not allowed to?". "Whatever you say Mr Emo?", Ash chuckled. "Don't call me that?", Paul retorted. "Okay, then how about Mr Pathetic ", Ash taunted.

         "Is it just me, or is Ash being different from usual", Bonnie whispered to the rest. They all figured the two trainers had some bad blood but this seemed like Ash is not leaving any chance to taunt Paul. "He's acting like Gary", Serena spoke up. "Don't compare me with Oak tree!"

           "Wow, another out-of-character reaction from Ash!", Miette exclaimed. "Nah, that's his usual character. You never got see him like this. That's all", Serena corrected. She's right. Miette only saw Ash's mature and calm side. This was the first time seeing his excited and somewhat childish side.

       "Hey, Ash and Paul, why are guys fighting all the time. Aren't you guys friends!", Bonnie asked to which Ash and Paul gave a deadpan look and said "hell no", in unison. But, Bonnie being Bonnie replied, "well you're now since we're travelling together", she didn't take no for an answer

       "I never wanted to go in the first place", Paul mumbled but Ash caught on,"Then why the hell are you going?". "The credit for that goes to me!", Miette declared proudly and she pointed at herself. "How did you pull that off?", Ash asked in complete shock. "I asked real politely, right Paul?", Miette eyed Paul with a sweet smile. "No you didn't, you bribed tottera to convince me. And that walked garden threatened me that he would go with you to the camp with or without me", Paul argued. "Aww, it's not my fault tottera likes Camp", Miette bickering with lillipuppy eyes. Paul didn't bother replying to that

      "Miette, RESPECT!", "PI-KAA!", Ash and pikachu saluted. "Is this really that big deal? And what happened between you two for having such tension between you?", Clemont asked. Ash saw this question coming miles away repliedcalmly, " just conflicting ideology as trainers. Although he knows I was correct, Mr pathetic is just too prideful to admit it".

     "Pathetic ", Paul mumbled in a discontent tone, "and hence the nickname", Ash said as he raised his hand and presented Paul to his companion.

    "You're forgetting that I beat more than you beat me. And that's 1 draw, 1 loss and how many wins again?", Paul made his remark, and Ash's gang were taken aback. So far as they knew, Ash never lost a battle, and then a guy popped out of nowhere and claimed he beat Ash countless times. Well Ash already saw this one coming and replied, "tsk tsk, you're forgetting the fact that that my one win was during the sinnoh league. And you know well how lost the league as well". Paul didn't reply to that cause as much as he hated admitting it, Ash was right.

     "How did you lose then, Ash", Bonnie asked. Miette was also curious, she knew how strong Paul was when she saw Paul's gym battle, and also when she heard Calem lost to him in the league. And Ash said he beat Paul in the league. So she was curious how strong Ash really was.

     Well, everyone but Ash was curious. He, one the other hand, felt like he was cornered. Me and my big mouth, was what Ash thought at that moment. "Well, I was utterly destroyed by a trainer named Tobias, who had a darkrai and latios", he said.

      Everyone nodded in understanding, while Paul was smirking, "that's not the whole truth, is it Ash?". Hearing this, everyone's heads turned swiftly towards Paul. Ash was shaking his head telling him no but would anyone waste an opportunity to give a heavy blow to their enemy.