The journey begins

Today is the day when Ash sets out on his journey throughout Kalos. Ash stayed at  Clemont's house the other day at his request, while Serena left to get ready. Now they are in prof Sycamore's lab, waiting for Serena.

Clemont: say Ash  since we already are in Lumios city, why not challenge my gym. Calem already challenged me for a 1v1 and won the badge, remember?

Ash: i do and I also remember you telling me that you hold back if the trainer doesn't have 4 gym badges. So I wanna have an all out battle against you.

Clemont: you can have that too, ya know.

Ash: nah, I'll get 4 gym badges and then chalenge the gym like the rules say. Then you must battle me instead of clembot on a 3v3 battle. Do we have a deal?

         Ash brought his hand forward which clemont shook, smiling,

Clemont: deal. But remember, I'll be able to analyse you're battling style. So the gym battle will be really tough.

Ash: i wouldn't have it any other way.

Bonnie: I can't wait to see! I love the way you battle Ash. The way your greninja fought was amazing.

Ash: gee, thanks Bonnie.* rubbing his finger below his nose*

       Then the front door opened and Serena  came in.

Serena: hey guys! You ready for our journey?

Ash/Bonnie: yeahh! *Raising their fist in the air*

Clemont: actually, we're not, more like you're not.

Everyone: why?

Sycamore: Because you don't have a pokedex yet .

           The trio fell down, anime style.

Sycamore: here you go, your pokedex, and Bonnie needs to choose a starter, doesn't she? She's already 10.

Bonnie: yay, I wanna choose a pokemon!!

Clemont: but bonnie, I thought you said you wanna learn more by watching Ash and Serena.

Bonnie: that's right, me, dedenne and my new pokemon will learn together from Ash  and Serena. Then, I'll start my journey. I really wanna travel with my own pokemons.

Sycamore: that's a marvellous idea Bonnie. That way you'll devolop a deep bond bond with your pokemon too. But I would suggest not to capture other pokemon.

Bonnie: *pouting *but why professor?

Sycamore: i think it's better if Ash tells you.

Ash: sure professor. It's the same reason I start my journey with only pikachu, although this time, I have greninja too. The reason is, if you start a new journey with your previous pokemon, then you'll surely get an easy start, but it won't help in much development in you, as a trainer.

Bonnie: what do you mean, Ash?

Ash: what I mean is, you won't get enough experience that will help you get better. Think of it this way, what do you think will happen if you travel through a region with some really strong pokemon and some new Pokemon you just caught in that region. Which will you choose for battling more?

Bonnie: the choose both but, honestly I'll depend on the strong ones more on tough battles.

Ash: that will result in your other pokemon not having enough experience that it will get when they battle frequently. Also, you won't be able to devolop as a trainer too. A trainer's job is to make everyone of their pokemon strong instead of just focusing on already strong pokemons.