A Tall Wall To Climb

Our heroes have finally arrived at Cillage City, the site of Ash's second gym battle. Let's what challenge does the gym leader Grant pose for Ash.

             "Ash, how exactly are you gonna battle mega steelix. Coz, as far as I know, greninja doesn't have a mega evolution"  Clemont asked his raven haired friend who simply grinned at him.

             " Clemont, you don't always need a mega evolution to win a battle against another mega evolution. This little guy is tye the living proof of that", ash said, painting his thumb towards pikachu who rubbed the back of his beck in embarrassment, muttering, "piikachu...."

              "You mean pikachu defeated a mega pokemon", Serena asked in surprise.

               "Wow, which pokemon is it?", Bonnie asked with starry eyes.

              "It was a mega gyarados, who belongs to my friend, Misty, the Cerulean gym leader", Ash replied.

             While everyone were amazed at what Ash just said, "who's misty? Are they close?", was the first thing that came to Serena's mind

             "Guys, we're here", Clemont interrupted.

             "Wow, we're at the gym? ", Ash turnedto Clemont, with complete excitement.

                "No dummy, we're at the pokemon Centre. You need to check on your pokemons remember? ", Serena spoke from behind.

                 "I knew that! ", Ash exclaimed and ran into the pokemon centre.

Time skip

              After giving thier pokemons to Nurse joy, yhe group sat on a couch, talking about the gym.

            "So, any idea where the gym is? ", Ash asked Serena, sitting next to him,who quickly took out her tablet. Bit before she could answer the question,

           "I can help you with that ", a voice from behind the duo, (far from being a couple) .The  group turned around to see none other than the bug type gym leader Viola.

       "Viola! You're here too?! ", Ash said with excitement.

        "Well, you did challenge Grant and his mega steelix. So how can I not come ", Viola smirked.

        "So, you're here to support your boyfriend, huh?", Bonnie gave her a sly grin, "that's sooo sweet! ".

        This made Viola blush madly, which Clemont noticed. "Bonnie, that's rude! You should say things like that so bluntly! "  Clemont scolded.

        "it's OK Clemont. Don't worry, she's telling the truth after all", Viola defended Bonnie, who was pouting and sticking out her tongue.

      Then the announcement came for the group to collect thier pokemons.

        "Well, then. Let's collect or pokeballs and then go get my second gym badge!"

         And with that, Ash ran towards the counter to collect his pokeballs.

Time skip

        They finally reached the village city gym. They entered the gym and saw Grant climbing the tall .

        "Hey Grant, I'm here for my battle! ", Ash yelled so that the gym leader could hear.

        "Oh Ash! You finally made it. I'll be waiting at the top. Just climb on! ", He answered.