Giving Chase At The Rhyhorn

After the close battle against Viola, our heroes are on their way to Lumios City.

      "So, how's eevee feeling. Has he gotten over the battle yet?" Serena asked with concern. " He over it. But he became more determined and is forcing me to make him train extra hard. He even asked pikachu and greninja for their help" Ash replied, rubbing the back of his head. "Pikachu.. ", pikachu sweatdropped remembering how pushy eevee was, and copied his trainer. Serena just giggled.

    While they were walking, the ground suddenly began to shake. Everyone got worried at what was going on. But Ash and Serena got an idea of what was going on. Ash sensed something strong approaching while Serena had a lot of harsh experiences to know what it was. Just then,  a group of rhyhorns came running towards them. Ash and group jumped out of the way just in time.

      Ash then took out his pokedex, "rhyhorn, the spike pokemon. Rhyhorn tends to run in straight path and destroys anything in its way". "I knew it.... " Serena muttered. Just then officer jenny arrived on her motor cycle. "What do you think you're doing, standing on the rhyhorn race course?", she questioned in a serious tone. Everyone were confused at first but Serena decided to intervene " We are really sorry, officer Jenny. We didn't know that". Seeing Serena, officer Jenny's facial expresion turned to shock then to excitement. " Wow, you're this year's Hoenn top coordinator!! I'm a big fan! I can't believe I'm standing in front of you " she exclaimed while shaking Serena's hands with stars in her eyes. Everyone else sweatdropped at this display.

       Finally, the officer regained her composure and said it would be their final warning. She then took the to the field to show them all the rhyhorn. She also told them that There would be a special race where anyone could enter. Ash being Ash, got excited and decided to try the race, much to everyones worry.

    Finally, Serena took it upon herself to train Ash. It was surprising to him master the basics in just one day. Well, not evrryone knew that riding on the back of his hyperactive charizard is even more difficult than riding a pokemon that only moves in one direction.

The next day:

       Today is the day of the race. Ash along with the rest of the five racers are ready at the starting line. At the stands, everyone were cheering in excitement for the race to begin.

        "Yay, Ash is gonna win this!", Bonnie exclaimed with excitement. She started to admire Ash just as much as she admires Serena. " pika pi! ", "fennekin!", the electric mouse and the kalos starter cheered along with the lemon blond girl. They were sitting along with clemont and Serena. Greninja also decided to watch. So he sat along with them, which didn't go unnoticed by the crowd. But the excitement of the race overtook the excitement of seeing a shiny greninja. " I wouldn't go that far, but I must say, Ash truly is impressive to learn how to ride a rhyhorn in just one day", clemont pointed while adjusting his glasses. "That sure is true. Makes me wonder why I took so long?.... ", Serena muttered.

          Then, the signal for the race to begin was given. With that, all the rhyhorns dashed forward leaving behind a large dust cloud. When the dust began to clear out, everyone saw all the racers with the raven haired trainer at back who was still struggling to keep up.

        " C'mon rhyhorn! You can do it! Let's win this! ", Ash began to encourage his rhyhorn, who seems to push on farther, but still couldn't catch up. With that, all the racers entered the forest.

       Half of the race was over. The trainer's are closing in on the exit of the forest. Everyone except for Ash that is. He was still at the back, but slowly catching up. Everyone at the stands are watching with excitement. Bonnnie was screaming, seeing that Ash was at the very back. Clemont was having a hard time keeping her under control. Serena on the other hand, was nervous, while gripping her ribbon.