Chapter Twenty-One:

I gasp and hold my chest when everything fades away. Peter leans down and helps me up.

"Are you alright?" He asks me.

"I think so," I groan. He lied to me. He betrayed me. He cheated me.

"I can't believe I was so susceptible to him," I say angrily. Peter helps me limp out of the cave and he takes me and sits me on a rock.

"It's not your fault," he says to me. I push my hair out of my face and look at him.

"Wow, you look beautiful Holly," he comments.

"Thank you," I say with a blush rising in my cheeks.

"Are you ready to go back to the island?" He asks.

"Please," I say. He nods and lifts me up bridal style and flies me back to the island.

I sigh when my feet land on solid ground. He smiles and holds me in his arms. I look up at him.

"Hi there," he says with a smile.

"Hello," I whisper. He leans down and kisses me softly and holds me tightly against him. I smile against his lips and kiss him back.

"Hook," I mumble against his lips as he stops kissing me.

"You need to carry on the act, right?" He asks sadly.

"I need to keep him away from you, Peter. He'll hurt you," I say with a frown.

"But you remember everything. I can't let you leave me again."

"I can't let him kill you either. He wants me to be with him and if I make him think that he has me then he will leave you alone and that's what I need."

"Holly," Peter starts. I press a finger to his lips and he frowns against my fingers. He kisses my finger softly and I roll my eyes.

"I told him I'd be back. If I don't go he will send someone after me and you know how that will go over," I say. He nods and I kiss him softly.

"I love you Peter," I say with a small smile. He smiles back and nods.

"I've got to go," I frown and hug him before running away from him.

I sprint to the boat and start to row back towards the ship. I make it back right before the sun sets and Hook frowns when I climb on board.

"You had me worried love," he says with a frown. I hug him and look up at him.

"I'm sorry. I lost track of time and found the most beautiful place," I say with a sigh.

"It sounds like your day was enjoyable."

"It was. Goodness I hope I can go back."

"I don't think that's best darling."

"Why not?" I ask with a pout.

"Because I don't want Pan to see you. He might want to take you back."

"You know I'd never go back to Peter," I say and kiss him softly. He looks confused, but kisses me back.

"Get a room!" One of the crew members shout. I blush and slowly pull away from Hook. He smiles at me and wraps an arm around my waist.

"Mr. Smee!" Hook shouts.

"Yes, Captain?!" Smee shouts back before running up to us. Hook doesn't respond, but I already know where this is going.

I slip out of Hook's grasp and run across the deck. I stare at them with my chest heaving.

"How did you know?" I ask seriously.

"You called him Peter," Hook says with a glare.

"Damn, I didn't even think about that," I admit. He smirks and someone tries to grab me. I shriek and dodge him.

"Why did you do that to me?" I ask Hook.

"Well you should know. Pan loves you and I took you away from him," Hook says with a shrug. I flip and land on my feet to avoid Franco. I glare at everyone before grabbing my sword and holding it out.

"Don't get any closer!" I shout angrily. Everyone freezes, even Hook. I smirk and rotate my wrist. They eye my sword before looking at my face again.

"Well boys, it's been a pleasure sailing with you, but I really should be going," I say to everyone. I back up to the rail and look behind me quickly. I sheath my sword and fall backwards off of the ship. I land in the water with ease and I start swimming to shore.

"Hello Holly," a girl says. I look over and see the youngest mermaid.

"Hello. Would you give me a hand to shore?" I ask her. She nods and takes my hand before pulling me to shore.

"Thank you..." I pause. I don't actually know her name.

"I'm Meridith," she says with a smile.

"Thank you Meridith,' I say to her and she smiles brighter.

"No problem Holly." She swims away and I run into the treeline. I hear Hook shouting at the crew. I would feel bad if they didn't know that I was brainwashed, but they did so I don't really care. I sprint past trees and shrubs into another section of the island. I run to the Lost Boys' tree and the scene stops my heart.