Chapter Twenty-Four:

The fall is soothing. The rush of adrenaline pulsing through my veins is close to the most amazing sensation. I close my eyes and listen to the wind rustling past me. The ocean coming up fast. My finger tips touch the water, but I instantly come to a screeching halt. Peter.

I open my eyes and find that I'm not on the cliff side. I'm not near the ocean. It's dark. Kind of. Sunlight comes in through a small crack in the wood of the big tree. It was all just a dream? I feel a pair arms wrapped tightly around my waist and someone nuzzles their head into the crook of my neck and shoulder.

I'm in the Lost Boys' tree. I'm not in the woods. I'm not fighting Hook. I'm safe. At least, I'm safe for now.

~* A Few Hours Later *~

Peter gets up and I do as well. Wendy decided to go back home with her brothers a few months ago so I'm the only girl on the island. Peter smiles at me. I don't plan on telling him about the dream. Running away from him isn't something I plan on doing any time soon.

"Are you alright?" He asks. I glance at him.

"I'm fine," I say with a shrug. He doesn't buy it. He walks over and pushes my hair out of my face.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I just. I had a strange dream. That's all," I say nonchalantly.

"What was it about?"

"You and Hook." His eyes darken at the mention of our enemy Captain.

"What was it this time?"

"You were still fighting over me," I say. He frowns.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything," I say and turn away from him. He draws a hand under my chin and turns my face towards his.

"Are you okay?" I ask him.

"I am fine, but I don't want you to have to worry about Hook anymore," he says.

"I'll be alright. I think I'm going to go for a fly this afternoon," I say as I situate my dress.

"Not in that you aren't," he says. I roll my eyes and change into my pants and shirt. I let my hair down and smile at him. He hugs me and kisses my neck softly.

"Are you sure you can't stay?" He whispers seductively. I shake my head.

"As tempting as it sounds I can't. I need to clear my head," I say. He pouts.

"I'm sorry love," I say. He smiles and kisses my cheek.

"It's alright. Go clear your head. We will be here when you get back." I smile and run out to Tinker bell.

"Dust me?" I ask. She looks towards Peter's room.

"He knows I'm going out," I say. She raises her eyebrows.

"Are you going to go check? Or are you just going to dust me?" I ask. Tink flies off quickly and I sigh in annoyance. She flies back out and around me.

"Thank you," I say. She nods and I fly out of the tree. I lay on top of a cloud.

"I miss home," I whisper. I stare at the water. Nothing is going to make me feel better.

"Pan!" Someone shouts and I dodge a cannon ball plummeting towards me.

I fly down and sit on the mast of Hook's ship.

"Ah! Miss. Daughtry, how wonderful it is to see you!" Smee shouts up at me.

"I'd like to say likewise, but it's not nice to see you," I shout back. Hook's face turns into a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"Ah the beautiful Lost Boy!" Hook shouts. I flip off the mast and float down to the deck.

"You're looking well," Hook comments. I smirk.

"Is that supposed to be a compliment? Should I be impressed that the Captain Hook is trying to flatter me?" I ask sarcastically and fan my face for exaggeration. He laughs.

"How about a duel for old times sake?" He asks drawing his sword and holding it up to my neck. I draw and slam his sword away from my neck.

We spend a few minutes watching to see what the other does before he lunges towards me. I skid out of the way and lunge. His hat catches on my sword and I pull it up and off of his head. I look at the water and throw his hat into the ocean.

"No!" He shouts it terror. I smirk.

"Tick, tock, tick, tock," I taunt. He gestures at the men and they surround me.

"Buh bye," I say and start to fly up. I scream as someone grabs my ankle and pulls me back down.

I grunt as I slam down onto the deck.

"Get us out of here Jameson!" Hook shouts angrily at the man at the wheel. 3 men let down the sail and we are quickly out of that area. They bind my hands behind my back and drag me down to the brig. I shout in anger and they toss me into it. I land on my side and cry out when my shoulder screams in pain. I sit up and move my shoulder some. I wince.

I stare at the bars. I could cut the ropes with that part because it's rigid. I float up and cut the ropes. I grab the dagger and wedge it into the lock. I hear a faint click sound and the door swings open. I roll my eyes and pick up my sword, which they left laying on the table. I sheath it and quietly climb out of the below decks.

"What the heck?! How did you get out?!" Johnson shouts. I bow and fly straight up and out of the ship's reach.

I fly to the tree and dive into the top. I slide down the slide and tumble out of the bottom.

"Peter!" I shout. He sprints out of his section of the tree and looks at me.

"Holly? What's wrong?" He asks. I look at him seriously.

"Peter, I want to go home," I say and I mean it.