Chapter Twenty-Three:

~ *A Few Months Later* ~

I kick at a rock as I make more food. It's dark out here already and that bothers me. A twig snaps and I stand and turn around. I see the glimmering of the hook and gulp. I look up at his face and he smirks.

"I found you," he says.

"No, you found nothing," I growl. I take a step away from the fire and from him. I'm not being taken back to that God forsaken island again. 

"You're alone, no?" He asks. 

"No, I'm not alone," I lie quickly. He looks around.

"I don't see anyone." 

"That's because we're good at hiding," I say. He nods. 

"You're also good at lying."

"What about you? Do you have any people with you?" 

"Would I go anywhere without them?"

I scream as someone grabs my arms. 

"No! I will not be another hostage!" I scream angrily. Peter bursts through the treeline. 

I struggle in the arms of whoever has me. I scream angrily. 

"Stop it both of you! I'm so done with this! I remember everything!" I scream. They both look at me. 

"What?" They ask at the same time. 

 "I just want to go back to what I was doing! I was making a very nice dinner before you two interrupted!" I explode. They look at each other before looking back at me.

"I'm not a baby! You don't have to protect me!" I yell at Peter then I turn to Hook, "And you! I'm not some girl you can take hostage!" 

They both look at me shocked. The person behind me lets me go. Left or right? Right leads to the cliffs, left leads to the meadows. Cliffs... 

I take off running through the forest and both the boys shout in frustration before taking off after me. They've been working together to get me under control. Meaning that they want to rebrainwash me. 

I duck under branches and jump over logs. I dodge the bushes and animals. 

"Holly!" Peter shouts. 

I keep running. I make it to the cliff and stop short. Do I have the guts to do this again? Worse case scenario: I slam into the rocks at the bottom or Peter flies down and catches me. Best case scenario: I make it into the water swiftly and unharmed.

"Holly, step away from the cliff," Hook says. I turn around and look at them.

"Are you going to keep coming after me?" I ask.

"We want to protect you," Peter says.

"No you don't. You're both fighting over me," I reply. 

"You remember what the Lost Boys told you about the last girl here?" Peter asks quickly. 

"She jumped off the volcano after the skull brainwashing thingy," I say, barely recalling the story. 

"Yes, yes she did. Are you going to be like her?" He asks. I think. I'm not like her, I'm able to land in the water safely. 

"I don't see why not," I say with a shrug.

"Don't do it," Peter says.

"Let her do it Peter," Hook says. I smile at him. Finally somebody understands my point of view.

"She's done it before," Hook continues. Ah yes, I did do this before. He pulled me out of the water after that. Yup, I remember that day very well. Harry was sent to watch me or whatever and I jumped off of the cliff into the water below.

"What?!" Peter explodes.

"You were busy," I say with a shrug. His eyes darken as I bring her back up. Nobody talks about her, not since she wanted to go home 3 months ago.

"Don't," Peter warns. 

"Bye boys," I say before falling off the cliff and into the water below. I hear shouting, but I ignore and give into the pure bliss of the freefall.