CHAPTER 2

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken."- Oscar Wilde.

Ashley's POV

The day went by faster than I thought it would, within the twinkling of an eye school was over. I got out of the school only to find Dylan and a blonde girl leaning against his car.

He said something funny I guess, and she giggled, a loud one. I strode towards them only to realize that it was none other than Nicole Angelo, one of the school's popular girls.

I cleared my throat to get their attention since it seemed they were lost in their conversation.

"Hey, sis..." Dylan utters once his eyes land on me, he motions his hands towards her "Ashley this is Nicole, Nicole meets my little sister, Ashley."

"Oh hey, so you're the little sis?"

Little sis?!. Oh..I am.

"Um....y-yeah," I mutter.

After the little encounter, I stand there, lost in thought. Why would a popular girl speak to an unpopular girl like me? Well...it does look like she doesn't like me. She's speaking to me just because my brother introduced both of us, right?

Right!!!

I leave them be and make my way over to the car, the backdoor, I open it and make myself comfy in it. I pick up my phone and plug in my earphones.

I listen to a couple of songs before Dylan finally blesses me with his presence, he puts on his seatbelt and turns to face me, his lips start to move but since my ears are busy I don't quite fathom what he's trying to say so I pause my music and take out the earphones.

"Huh?!!" I say.

"Taking the back seat again. What's up with you and taking the back seat?" Dylan asks while knowing fully well that I won't budge. This case isn't arguable. I just don't like the front seat especially when it's Dylan who's driving the car.

"Always taking the driver's seat.." I huff in annoyance.

"Gosh! Ash, you know I need to drive right?" He says chuckling lightly.

"But I can also drive, you know that yet you don't want me to," I say crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm just being obedient here, I don't want us to get killed with your crazy driving skills," Dylan says laughing.

"Whatever, just let me be where I am in peace," I say, totally irritated at the fact that I'm not allowed to drive.

With these amazing skills, who wouldn't want me to drive their car? Huh?!!

I go back to listening to my music and Dylan sets the car in ignition. After a twenty-minute drive we finally get home, I couldn't help but squeal at the thought of doughnuts. Just thinking about it made me drool. Mouth-watering doughnuts... Ouuh! Can't wait.

"Mum.." I call out when I open the door and enter the house "..mum!!" I yell out. No response.

"I think she's not back yet," Dylan says from behind and moves past me for the stairs.

"I guess!!." I trail behind him as he climbs the stairs. He walks straight into his room and I enter mine. I sigh and lay on my bed.

Ping !!!

"You home already?" I open my phone to see Cam's text message.

"Yeah. What of you?" I reply.

"I'm home too," she replies back.

"Ohk," I reply and put my phone away.