CHAPTER 52

"Love me when I least deserve it,  because that's when I really need it. "

Third Person's POV

Friday, the much anticipated day. Everyone had been looking forward to this day. It's quite weird and crazy that Cam couldn't stop daydreaming about how the night was going to play out.

"You know," She says, "You have to come early."

Ashley smiles, "I know! You've literally taken the time to drill it in my head all throughout today, even in class."

She giggles, "Aaand...." gets closer to Ash and whispers, "Remember to wear something lace-y and," she winks "you know what I mean."

Ash halts and shoots daggers at Cam and at her insinuation, "Cam, In case no one has told you, I will take pleasure in doing so. You're out of your senses, better come back home, you're lost."

"Oh my gosh, I'm lost?" Cam asks feigning an expression of being bewildered.

"Yes, you are!"

"Aww! I take pleasure in being lost, you could probably join me sometime." She fans herself.

Ash rolls her eyes, "Never!"

"Yeah, yeah, party pooper, whatever. Bye!"

"Take care."

"I will." She says and with that, she leaves Ash, Grayson, and Anne for her car.

Ash opens the front door and sits as she watches Grayson see Anne off to her car which was only a stone's throw away from theirs. She pays close attention to them while they talk and when they get to Anne's car they halt and she can see Grayson's lips form into something like a 'bye'. For a swift moment, she notices as a frown appears on Anne's face but it vanishes within a second, a smile replacing it. Anne steps closer to Grayson and engulfs him in a hug, an unexpected one. It took a matter of seconds before hugging her back.

Tick!

Tock!

Tick!

Tock!

Tick!

Tock!

Ash was slowly counting the seconds that passed in her head. Too long, the hug was too long, she thought aloud. Isn't a goodbye, see you later hug in this situation supposed to be a one-second thing? Maybe two seconds? So why the heck is Anne clinging on to her boyfriend like that? The sight before was making her heart beat faster, she felt like getting down from the car and heading straight towards them, to do one thing, pull them apart.

Tick!

Tock!

Unable to take it anymore, she tears her eyes away from them and looks in her lap. She starts to fiddle with her fingers when the sound of the door opening gets her attention. She lifts her head to find Grayson entering the car, a smile on his face.

Why the heck is he smiling? She snaps, in her head.

Throughout the ride she was frowning and whenever he asked a question she would shake or nod her head to answer and where it had nothing to do with a yes or no she gave him monosyllabic replies. She didn't trust herself not to snap at him right now. His smiles were beginning to annoy her.

Grayson on the other hand seemed dejected as he dropped her off at her home.

"You'll come for the sleepover, r...right?" He asks.

She simply nods her head and walks away into her home.

He felt hurt that she didn't want to talk to him, or at least say what was wrong with her.