CHAPTER 4

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it"- Edith Wharton.

Ashley's POV

If there's a word I would use to describe how my weekend went it would be 'lit'. Cam and I spent it watching lots and lots of high school dramas.

"Fifteen more minutes..."  informs  Miss Brooke. Here we are back to this amazing place called school. Note the sarcasm.

A yawn makes its way out of my lips and I lift my hands from my book to cover it up. I take a peek at my sides to see if someone is watching me embarrass myself, I mean who yawns during an ongoing test. Only me...I tell you. Thankfully most students seemed quite occupied with the test so I returned to mine as well. As I pen down my answers I shrug off the feel of someone's piercing gaze at my back, which could be a figment of my imagination.

"Time up," Miss Brooke informs. Woah! who would have thought that fifteen minutes would go by in a wink "Pass your sheets forward."

We all do as she says and in time all sheets go to her. I still feel it....holes piercing in my back.

Who the heck has quality time to stare at someone for this long, ages. They seriously need to get a life. Or I probably need to stop having illusions.

Is it bad that I want to take a peek?

Is it?

Of course not

One peek wouldn't hurt, right?

The only way to end my might-be illusions is by turning to the direction to find out. Turning my head slightly I  mentally prepare myself for what is to come, whoever that might be. I twist my shoulders in the direction and snappily take a peek, for a mini second my eyes come in contact with blue ones. Wait a minute! Grayson has blue eyes. But then...

It can't be him, right?

Why would he.....ugh!! forget it. The only way to find out if he's the one is to fully turn, not halfway, not sideways. So I turned back again, and I was right all along, it was indeed Grayson. He was still staring at me, hypnotizing and captivating my brown eyes, my breath hitches and I gulp, tensing slightly.

No way!!, why is he staring at me? Am I dreaming?, Someone pinch me, please.

Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassse !!!!

I blink, batting my lashes furiously so that Grayson could probably pretend like he wasn't staring at me or something, and turn away. I stopped my childish blinking and guess what he didn't stop staring at me, and neither did he turn away instead the curve of his lips lifted up into a small smile.

Skip ...

Damn!! My poor heart.

Skip skip

Why can't I just turn my gaze away? Oh no! Those blue orbs, hypnotizing.

Someone cleared their throat beside me and that seemed to break whatever spell I was in, bringing me back to planet Earth. I hurriedly turn to the sound of throat clearing.

"Cam," I say, her eyebrows were raised at me.

"Well...." she clears her throat again " ...I saw that."

"Um..." I stutter "..what are you talking about? You saw what?"

"Don't go all innocent on me... Don't even think it," she chuckles "I just caught you and Grayson go all lovey-dovey, the intense stares, wow!!" she flicks her hair.